JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here shoot trap, skeet or sporting clays? If so where?

I shoot at Portland Gun Club, Cowlitz Gun Club and Rainier Rod and Gun Club mostly, and a couple others on occasion.

Mostly trap, but kinda like sporting clays.

I go out in the forest, I found some nice pits and they are biodegradable so that don't harm the environment. I have a thrower and it's fun up in the snow. Can't throw rabbits though because I can't find any flat grass but I am still looking.

Scott

Cool!! I got hooked on organized games. We play for a little cash on Fridays at Rainier and 2nd and 4th Saturday at Cowlitz. They also do that at Vancouver Trap Club oon 1st and 3rd Sundays.

Cost $4.00 per practice round. Having a bacon and cheese shoot this sunday morning startin at 10 AM. We usually shoot games for them. Don't know the price per game yet. Sometimes it's $4.00 sometimes its $2.00 per game. Come on down it's a good time...
Hope to see you there.

Cost $4.00 per practice round. Having a bacon and cheese shoot this sunday morning startin at 10 AM. We usually shoot games for them. Don't know the price per game yet. Sometimes it's $4.00 sometimes its $2.00 per game. Come on down it's a good time...
Hope to see you there.

Sounds like fun!! Might be there. Any limit on shot size?

Hope to see you there.

Whats a bacon and cheese shoot?

I was the Oregon State Sporting Clays Champion in 2003 for my class.

In the same year I won my class in the US Open for Skeet....

Trap has always bored me though.
I did shoot trap with Eric Estrada, Joe Perry, Louise Mandrell, and Joe Mantegna in a tournament for Hollywood celebrities.

Yes.............Hollywood types are gun people too

I was the Oregon State Sporting Clays Champion in 2003 for my class.

In the same year I won my class in the US Open for Skeet....

Trap has always bored me though.
I did shoot trap with Eric Estrada, Joe Perry, Louise Mandrell, and Joe Mantegna in a tournament for Hollywood celebrities.

Yes.............Hollywood types are gun people too

So, how is that GSG girl BTW? Mr. name dropper you. :D :p

Regarding Trap... only done it a couple of times and got frustrated with my lack of skill... it WAS fun though. :)

Last Edited:
So, how is that GSG girl BTW? Mr. name dropper you. :D :p

Regarding Trap... only done it a couple of times and got frustrated with my lack of skill... it WAS fun though. :)

I'm fat and ugly..............name dropping is all I have:s0114::s0114::s0114:
I'll be in Germany next week hob-nobbing with all the Euro-manufacturers. Perhaps she'll go:D

There is a method to trap that involves the start position of your barrel when calling the bird. It makes it super-easy.
Trap is a sport of perfection. To compete, you must hit literally hundreds of birds consecutively before you will be considered "good".

Too formal for me.

Sporting Clays on the other hand is a back-slapping, giggle fest:gun10:

$30 launcher.
$10 box of 90 clays
$23 for a case of shotgun shells
friends willing to go out to the woods in the winter...its closer than the range and there are spots you have to clean up yourself and one spot that I've been told the forest service cleans up every 2 weeks... I still bring trash bags for my shells/cartridges.