Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Transporting Firearms

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by undertheradar, Jun 22, 2015.

1. undertheradar

undertheradar Phoenix, AZ New Member

I live in Arizona, where you don't need a permit for anything, but will be traveling to Oregon to scout a bug out location. What is law on transporting llong guns?

2. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/
    Kevin and his staff can help. Just follow the speed limit and keep them in the trunk with the ammo separate. Stay out of cali.

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Not sure on Nevada, but going through Cali: guns unloaded (no mags or chambered) and locked in your trunk or other area that is not readily accessible to you in the passenger compartment.

Oregon: unless you have a CHL they have to be unloaded, no loaded magazines in the weapon (chambered or not), but they don't have to be secured away from a readily accessible area the passenger compartment.

Washington: no loaded long guns in an automobile for anyone. CPL, CHL or otherwise.... except LEO of course.

Of course I may be incorrect, so google it up!

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Google Oregon gun laws. As I read them no loaded handgun in auto. Long gun ok loaded in auto.

5. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member