JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been here 9 months and I love it. Oregon is beautiful and you can own a regular AR.

This is God's country!!

I have only been able to shoot at the English Pit because I am uncomfortable shooting in the woods without knowing where I am and where it is legal. I hope to join one of your cleaning parties so I can meet others and learn good places to shoot for free. I have always packed out everything I bring in and will continue to do so.

Just wanted to say hello…

Welcome, You friendly neighborhood forestry department is a good place to ask about where you can target shoot near you. They know the appropriate places to shoot and we help them out by cleaning up when we go.

I have been here 9 months and I love it. Oregon is beautiful and you can own a regular AR.

This is God's country!!

I have only been able to shoot at the English Pit because I am uncomfortable shooting in the woods without knowing where I am and where it is legal. I hope to join one of your cleaning parties so I can meet others and learn good places to shoot for free. I have always packed out everything I bring in and will continue to do so.

Just wanted to say hello…

Hey Ken,

Come visit us this Sat! We'll get you a map and get you all lined out for good places to shoot in Mt Hood Nat Forest.

Our next NWFA Target Shooter Information Program booth is Sat May 16th, 10 am to 3 pm.

It will be about 8+ miles past the Estacada ranger station. Next booth location will be here, in the grass, at the 36 Pit. It's a few miles, (8-ish) past Estacata on Hwy 224.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/cEAjR
GPS: 45.196489, -122.180161

More about the Info Program; https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/nwfa-target-shooter-information-program.193318/

Cogs

Hey Ken, welcome. I lived in SD for 25 years, always intending to come back here, which I finally did in 2002. Destructive communist politics aside, I really enjoyed (among countless other things) shooting in some beautiful settings - Pomerado Rd. in Poway, Magnolia Rd. outside of Ramona, Telegraph Canyon Rd. by Otay Lakes, and Kitchen Creek out on Hwy 8. Hope you got a chance to enjoy some of that too. I suppose they're all overrun with Subways, ReMax and Regal Cinemas now.

Welcome aboard!
If you're interested, you should shoot the monthly (first Sunday each month) Speed Steel match at Tri County Gun Club.
Lots of fun, and a great way to meet other shooters.
Message me if interested...I'll give you the run-down.
John

Welcome aboard!
If you're interested, you should shoot the monthly (first Sunday each month) Speed Steel match at Tri County Gun Club.
Lots of fun, and a great way to meet other shooters.
Message me if interested...I'll give you the run-down.
John
Sunday mornings are tough for me. Could I meet you out there after 2:30PM?

Hey Ken,

Come visit us this Sat! We'll get you a map and get you all lined out for good places to shoot in Mt Hood Nat Forest.

Our next NWFA Target Shooter Information Program booth is Sat May 16th, 10 am to 3 pm.

It will be about 8+ miles past the Estacada ranger station. Next booth location will be here, in the grass, at the 36 Pit. It's a few miles, (8-ish) past Estacata on Hwy 224.
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/cEAjR
GPS: 45.196489, -122.180161

More about the Info Program; https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/nwfa-target-shooter-information-program.193318/

Cogs
I will try to drive by in the afternoon.

The match would be over (they usually end around 1:00 or so), but if you're just wanting to see the facilities, or do a bit of shooting, I'd be happy to have you as my guest.
Doesn't have to be a Sunday.
Feel free to message me (click on my name, and "start a conversation") and we can exchange info.

Great to meet you today, Ken! I admire your choice of direction for your life and appreciate your dedication to it. Glad you had a chance to shoot today!

This is one guy we all should meet!

Looking forward to the next time!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR