JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I know the law that interstate transfers require it go through a FFL.

Here is the situation, I want to buy a handgun from the seller who is in Washington, I am in Oregon.

How is this done? Are we able to go into an Oregon FFL and fill out some paperwork, pay the fees and have it done with? Where can I go to get this done, I have called a few local places to me and they have said that they will only do FFL to FFL transfers and we'd have to have it shipped from one FFL to another and pay shipping costs (expensive for handguns I found out) as well as waiting for it to be shipped and then finally get it. Making the cost of it go up at least $100 for the special shipping it needs and the transfer fees.

So is there any place we can go that the seller and I can go and have them do it at one stop?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything other than it does have to go through an FFL for all interstate transfers.

Thanks in advance.

This can be done in Oregon, I am sure you can find a dealer that will accomodate you. Whether the gun gets to the dealer via FedEx/UPS or in person does not matter.

That's what I thought. I think it's kind of silly that I was told it has to be dropped off at a Washington FFL then shipped (or one guy said personally delivered by someone employed by the FFL) to the Oregon FFL. I would think as long as the gun was at the Oregon FFL with both the buyer and the seller that they should be able to do the transfer.

Has anyone here done this and have any recommendations of a FFL that will do this anywhere in the Portland area?

Coctailer/Ortwein International in Vancouver held both WA and OR FFLs so he May be able to assist,
I've had great luck with A Cut Above Pawn on Beaverton/hillsdale Hwy. They accept from individuals. Call them

Coctailer/Ortwein International in Vancouver held both WA and OR FFLs so he May be able to assist,
I've had great luck with A Cut Above Pawn on Beaverton/hillsdale Hwy. They accept from individuals. Call them

+1 on both cases.

I have used Coctailer in the past and I can vouch for A Cut Above Pawn accepting firearms from private individuals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top