JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are the rules regulations? I have a AOW I would like to sell to a gentlemen in Oregon. I live in Washington. Can I personally deliver it to an Oregon FFL transfer to him and have him transfer to the person? Or how does it work and what costs are involved?

First you would have to find the dealer. Then he would have to submit for a transfer. Lucky in the case of AOW there is only a $5 transfer tax.

Once the approved form comes back from the ATF then you could transfer it to the dealer.

Then the buyer will have to do his Form 4 and pay his $5 transfer tax. I am sure the dealer is going to want a fee too.

Once the Form 4 comes back approved the buyer can pick it up.

Sounds like right now (once the gov opens again) it will take 8-12 months from start to finish.

No problem. I know you found a buyer out of state but is it is always quicker and easier to do an in state transfer.

For in state you and the buyer fill out a Form 4 and submit it with the tax, AOW being $5. Once it com back approved you hand it over to the buyer. Right now it sounds like that is taking 6-8 months.

That is true, but that's dealer to dealer. That's not what the OP is wanting to do. Unless I'm mistaken, it's still a form 4 from the OP (private individual/entity, NOT a FFL) to the dealer.

That is true, but that's dealer to dealer. That's not what the OP is wanting to do. Unless I'm mistaken, it's still a form 4 from the OP (private individual/entity, NOT a FFL) to the dealer.

Correct, unless the item has already been transferred to the dealer.
Trust/Ind/LLC/etc -> Dealer, Form 4, ~9 months
Dealer -> Dealer, Form 3, ~3 months
Dealer -> Trust/Ind/LLC/etc, Form 4, ~9months

No, but the item has to go Form 4 to Form 3, then Form 3 to Form 4 since it is over state lines.

I do not know the time frame of Form 4 to Form 3 as that is not what people usually track. I just assumed it would be a bit shorter going to a Form 3 since they should be "in the system", but it sounds like I am wrong.

Correct, unless the item has already been transferred to the dealer.
Trust/Ind/LLC/etc -> Dealer, Form 4, ~9 months
Dealer -> Dealer, Form 3, ~3 months
Dealer -> Trust/Ind/LLC/etc, Form 4, ~9months

This is what I was thinking , but didn't quite get it across. So in all, it very well may be closer to 2 YEARS (21mos by todays est. times) for the whole process.

No, but the item has to go Form 4 to Form 3, then Form 3 to Form 4 since it is over state lines.

I do not know the time frame of Form 4 to Form 3 as that is not what people usually track. I just assumed it would be a bit shorter going to a Form 3 since they should be "in the system", but it sounds like I am wrong.

I'm assuming it's takes the same amount of time, but your right, you'd think it would be a bit shorter.

This is what I was thinking , but didn't quite get it across. So in all, it very well may be closer to 2 YEARS (21mos by todays est. times) for the whole process.

I'm assuming it's takes the same amount of time, but your right, you'd think it would be a bit shorter.

Well with the times listed, 18 mo, not 21. Form 4 to Form 3, 9mo. Form 3 to Form 4, 9mo. Still a LONG time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top