JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few NFA items that I purchased over the last several years. But for future purchases, I'm considering establishing a trust.

Can I add a previously-purchased NFA item to the trust without transferring from my name to the trust? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

If you're serious about creating a trust I would spend a few bucks and discuss with an attorney just to make sure. Trusts that you setup via the internet are not always compliant with all state laws.

That said, I'm pretty sure you will have to transfer it into the trust's name, otherwise it won't be owned by the trust but still by you. You will be a trustee of the trust and can do what every you want with what the trust owns but what it owns has to be in the name of the trust.

I intend to hire a lawyer to establish the trust. If anyone has a recommendation for a NFA/trust-knowledgable attorney in the Portland Metro area I would appreciate it if you passed their name/contact information along.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top