JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I read the law for Oregon and I am legally allowed to transfer a firearm to a close family member without going through an FFL. My mother is considering buying a firearm from me. Where it gets tricky is that she lives in Washington. Do we need to get an FFL involved for this transfer if she decides to buy it?

Also note that at least for people who want to do it legally, in Washington the family transfer FFL exemption between two Washington resident family members does not technically apply to sales, only gifts.

Even with your mom being a Washington resident; depending on the type of firearm she may be able to receive it via an Oregon FFL. Handguns and receivers, however, the buyer's state FFL is supposed to do the delivery.

Note I am not a cheerleader for these laws, just providing background information.

Also note that at least for people who want to do it legally, in Washington the family transfer FFL exemption between two Washington resident family members does not technically apply to sales, only gifts.

Even with your mom being a Washington resident; depending on the type of firearm she may be able to receive it via an Oregon FFL. Handguns and receivers, however, the buyer's state FFL is supposed to do the delivery.

Note I am not a cheerleader for these laws, just providing background information.
I distinctly read between the lines that he gifted his Moms a pewer for self protection and his Moms gave them some money for the kids back to school clothes shopping and a weekend deepsea fishing trip for their anniversary.

Completely unrelated. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads