Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

transcript of the Arizona SWAT raid

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kevatc, May 29, 2011.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

Interesting.

3. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

Wow. I read the entire thing. Interesting for sure. If the statements are true, it sounds like they did the right thing. This is just one side of the story though.

4. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I feel so very sad for the surviving family members, absolutely delighted all police involved went home intact.

5. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Ya know, I have watched a lot of TV seen alot of News on cop entries... I'm curious why they bust the door open, lay down heavy fire, and yet never enter the dwelling???? Even after things calm down... Lots of video I have seen cops bust the door down and then charge in to secure the dwelling. Why the delay in there entry this time????

6. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

You're glad those willful murderers went home intact?

I read the whole transcript, it barely matches up to the helmet cam video released on youtube, and of course the bumbling supervisor casually slanders the victim. I also noticed the cop can barely string together a complete sentence. Typical government employee.

7. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Sgt Krygier used the terms multiple times:
    "I Think", "I Don't Remember" and "I Couldn't Tell" is totally un-proffessional or his way of playing it down. They are stiil wrong answer in my opinion.

It's just to bad this played out the way it did.

Sad..

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Wow, that was hard to read.

For not being fired on... at all... those officers sure come off as a bunch of stooges.
    They stumble and fall over each other trying to get into the house where they fire between "80 - 100" rounds at something, then run away until the thick smoke from their gunfire clears so they can try to figure out what just happened. Then they have the audacity to try to coax out the wife and child with "we're here to help".

I hope I never have to depend on these people...

9. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

The only people who really know what happen are either making it up or dead.

Maybe the cops were right in doing what they did, but when they start making statements like "I don't remember" etc., it casts doubt on their truthfulness. We'll never know what they really did, because they will never tell us the truth....their lawyers and union reps won't let them.

10. glock.40

glock.40 Orygun Active Member

While I agree with what you are saying about these specific cops, your generalization of all government employees and all police officers being pigs and 'stormtroopers' is incredibly fallacious.

11. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

You're right, only the most vicious and amoral cops get to become gestapo stormtroopers. The remainder rip off motorists to pay for the stormtroopers' toys.

12. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

13. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

is it possible to post it or is it too long? I have tried multiple times and can not get the thing to open.

Anybody else having this problem?

14. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Update Adobe Reader...

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

15. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for saying something Glock. I couldn't find a nice way to say what you did so eloquently.

16. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

Actually I have CS5 for school and it has all the latest Adobe versions, so it is not that.

I wil try again here in a bit, it might just be that traffic is heavy on that site.

17. jvbutter

lets just remember in any line of work, or culture, there are some bad apples, and that influences us to stereo type, it however does not represent the majority of them.

18. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I do have another question about tactics in this case, and hopefully someone here has an answer. Aren't SWAT teams trained for things like house clearing? Ok, so they thought they were just going to serve a search warrant. But in the transcript, the supervisor talks about designing and going over the tactical plan. So he must have been thinking about what they would do if things went south. Anyway, so they end up breaching and shooting someone. Then then hastily retreat. Shouldn't the plan have been to continue clearing? Ok, so there's smoke from 70 shots and they can't see. Couldn't they have backed off and then continued clearing? Then the wife and child eventually come out. Why didn't they clear then? They say they were worried that there could be other shooters inside, but that would mean there could be other innocents, too. It seems like the correct course should have been to continue clearing. Then the house is cleared and the shooting victim gets medical attention before he's dead maybe.

I understand that officer safety is important, but if that's the overriding concern then they should have served the warrant when they guy was away at work.

19. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Keystone cops. Utter confusion from the first minute. Rookie "supervisor" running the show. Real supervisor hiding around the corner. Never fired upon, just panicked.

20. jvbutter

that was the same question i posted on another thread... why the BANG the door open... FIRE 71 shots, then just stand back and not clear the house especially when they new a woman was in there....
    "come one guys, lets sit back and think about what next"