JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wholly despise that loudmouth dimwit you occasionally overhear at work or a party or something.

"Yeah, this is really funny... I took the old lady out shooting once. She'd never touched a gun before, so I hooked her up with my snub nose .44 mag. Man, that thing went off and she just about shjt her pants. It was hilarious. You should've seen the look on her face! Haaa! Haaa! Haaaa!"
Yeah, consensus is that that guy is a total azzhole...

Or hand her a 12ga shotgun filled with high-base loads and put her on a stump...

Why is there always one of two of these guys around???

The big single is entirely under rated IMHO.
MIne were always 2 strokes without any electrical appliances on them but everyone has their prefs. I've been sometimes eyeballing a Husky 701 for a few years now.

Pretty sure I could run it without the shop manual. But I like having the shop manual.

There is a difference between 4 strokes and 2-strokes of course, but big singles rock either way. If I were contemplating buying a new bike the Husky 701 looks real attractive.
Back in the days of simple technology I had a Husky 400 & a coffin tank Maico 250, both of which I thought worked real well.

I'm glad we are putting this thread to bed, but is this a bike thread now? I keep checking back in but all I see is cycle related posts...

Much as I enjoy a good bit of thread drift, maybe start a bike/cycle thread somewhere???

Asking for a friend.

Yeah, consensus is that that guy is a total azzhole...
Yep - these types have no respect for themselves, guns and especially their wives/Gfs/SOs by calling them their 'Old Lady' - always hated this term....

She'd never touched a gun before, so I hooked her up with my snub nose .44 mag.
Kind of like this..... 3:22 is almost hard to watch, and 5:31 & 6:07 are two classics as well....

Last Edited:
I call myself an Old Lady as in Old Lady Cate (Meaning my AGE.) sometimes HERE on this forum but my late husband and my MT husband have never called me, my old lady. I would NOT have liked that and they never said that.

I do not like how some men use that term.

I don't like it when husbands on some boob tube shows call their WIVES, Mama. I have never heard a man in real life call his WIFE his Mama or Mom or Mother. That is really strange to me.

Cate

I wholly despise that loudmouth dimwit you occasionally overhear at work or a party or something.

"Yeah, this is really funny... I took the old lady out shooting once. She'd never touched a gun before, so I hooked her up with my snub nose .44 mag. Man, that thing went off and she just about shjt her pants. It was hilarious. You should've seen the look on her face! Haaa! Haaa! Haaaa!"

I agree with you.

Men like that are not only stupid but they are mean.

They show NO respect or care or love/like towards their WIFE.

Would they want that done to them? NO!

They should apply the Golden Rule.

That type of behavior only leads to making a Newbie or a potential gun lady (Or man!) into an ANTI RKBA person.

Men like that usually tend to be bullies too.

Cate

I usually call MY bride of 49 years and three months by her name - 'yes, dear'.

Mind you, I ALWAYS get the last words into any minor infraction of the day's smooth running - oddly enough, then, that the words 'yes,dear' figure there as well.

A few years back, she bought us each a new coffee mug, in a fit of unusual connubial generosity.

Mine bears the wording 'Mr Right'.

Hers, the wording 'Mrs Always Right'.

Anyhow, I wouldn't like you guys and ladies to think that I don't have a mind of my own, and that I can't make day-to-day decisions.

Just hold on a second or two while I run that by Mrs tac to see if it's okay with her, right?

Last Edited:
Tac,

I bought my late husband a coffee mug that said:

Just when you think that life is a female dog (Insert the B word here.) - it has puppies!

LOL

Cate

I usually call MY bride of 49 years and three months by her name - 'yes, dear'.

Mind you, I ALWAYS get the last words into any minor infraction of the day's smooth running - oddly enough, then, that the words 'yes,dear' figure there as well.

A few years back, she bought us each a new coffee mug, in a fit of unusual connubial generosity.

Mine bears the wording 'Mr Right'.

Hers, the wording 'Mrs Always Right'.

Anyhow, I wouldn't like you guys and ladies to think that I don't have a mind of my own, and that I can't make day-to-day decisions.

Just hold on a second or two while I run that by Mrs tac to see if it's okay with her, right?
I call my wife a lot of things, most of them silly and playful. I do refer to my wife as Mommy in front of our daughters sometimes. I do have an old lady in my life. She is an almost 10 year old Olde English Bulldogge. I frequently call her old girl. If you are referring to a non-human, I find this acceptable

I did recently convince a new shooter to fire a single shot out of my 50ae. we had worked up from .22 to 9mm .45acp, .357, and 45-70. He was fully aware of the recoil, particularly since a shell had cut the center of my forehead from that gun, that day. Also, the mag was given to him with a single round in it with nothing in the chamber. He enjoyed having done it. He became a new gun owner after the experience. He had wanted to fire the eagle after seeing it featured in movies.

1) Cate - Referring to the lady of the house as "Mama" or "Mom" can be referring to her title as Mom of the House, as opposed to "my mother." It is an exalted title for those who really are the mortar that holds society together.

2) In the Socially Alternative V-Twin Enthusiasts Community "Old Lady" refers to one's committed female partner, and "mama" is hang around who will eventually end up getting poked by everybody who wants to. "Old Lady" is not a term of disrespect, but quite the opposite.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top