Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Training Video

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Pirelli, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Pirelli

Pirelli Oregon City Member

I am looking for a training video that I originally found on NWF. I am hoping someone might have a link.

It is a tactical/defensive pistol training class, hosted by smaller stocky gentlemen, given at a range...I know really helpful. It covers, cover and concealment, reloading, off hand shooting, injured hand shooting....

In the video, he talks about position sul and how people use it for the wrong reasons, and how he dislikes (possibly hates) Navy Seals, and they do not practice position sul they just blaze you but they keep their fingers off the trigger.

In the end of the video, he demonstrates a practical pistol competency test, and if you fail the first test, he will not allow you to take the rest of the test.

I know there is not much there, kind of a long shot.

thanks for the help
    Mike.

2. Pirelli

Found it!!!

good stuff...

3. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I like the way he has the barrels set up to weave between while shooting. I might try setting something up like that with boxes or something next time I'm out shooting.

4. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

thanks for sharing this I was looking for a full class video to add to my bookmarks.

Since you found what your looking for this might be a good thread for everyone to share favorite training videos.
    this short one is my favorite for the tap rack bang...

Monica Cowles likes this.
  5. Monica Cowles

Monica Cowles Grays Harbor, Washington Member, NRA (Life) USCCA, ACLDN, SAF (Life) Staff Member Silver Supporter

Clint's great--wish he taught closer...;)

6. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Closer? He's in Lakeview Oregon. It doesn't get much closer for world-class training. Try taking two and a half weeks with three guys crammed full of gear in a SUV driving from Oregon to South Texas and back to train with Clint in 115 degree Texas heat which is what we used to do when TR was in Texas. It was easily a $1500 per person training investment back then - plus over two weeks lost wages. We made that trek twice and I'd gladly do it again!

And with you being an instructor it is a business expense-write off! It doesn't get any better than that.

7. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

...and Lakeview Or. is the center of what major population hub? ;) All I will ever see is anything on Youtube.

8. Pirelli

I agree with Koda, for me that would be a heck of a trek to Lakeview...yes, its not as far as Texas, but still far.