JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I take my shooting relatively seriously to a degree -but it is based more on load development and accuracy with a particular load.

I typically shoot off a folding table with a fairly secure rest but once I am satisfied with a load and am dialed in I prefer to shoot offhand.

A sturdier bench with more comfortable seating would be a plus but I don't really have a range nearby so I make do with a folding table. It's actually pretty sturdy and I am working on a better seat.

IMG_1620.JPG

Those are $20 less from other vendors.
If you have a picatinny rail on the gun an ARCA to QD pic rail adapter is $25 or so.
There are mlock ARCA rails available too.
A padded one is a bit more but will accommodate rigs with no rails and such.

Watch his eyes when he shoots. My oldest daughter was like this and I could not figure it out for the longest time. Turns out she is cross eye dominant.
Thats actually whats going on with my daughter too. I noticed when she could not hold a rifle right and tweaked her neck funky to see through the sights. But shes still hitting things just fine. I do have to watch him, thanks for the tip! That might be it!

Thats actually whats going on with my daughter too. I noticed when she could not hold a rifle right and tweaked her neck funky to see through the sights. But shes still hitting things just fine. I do have to watch him, thanks for the tip! That might be it!

It was hard to catch because when I was teaching her I would set her up and she would take the 1st couple shots with her right eye (the weak one), then because that felt award to her, she would naturally switch to trying to use the other eye (dominant) in the middle of a string. She did not even notice when she did it. Once we figuerd out what was happening adjusting for pistols was easy, but rifles and shotgun still give her problems. I hear one solution is to cover her glasses on the dominant eye with tape to force her to use the weak eye, but we have not tried that yet.

I like to bump fire my AK.
Do you have a tax stamp for the shoulder mister??? :cool:

Nice OP. It reminds me of coaching kids soccer as they got older. You never just "kick" the ball. You pass, shoot or clear. Totally appreciate that some people just want to kick, I mean shoot their guns and that is fine for them. Mas Ayoob commented long ago that every trigger (pull, press, squeeze) should be done with a purpose.

Do you have a tax stamp for the shoulder mister??? :cool:

Nice OP. It reminds me of coaching kids soccer as they got older. You never just "kick" the ball. You pass, shoot or clear. Totally appreciate that some people just want to kick, I mean shoot their guns and that is fine for them. Mas Ayoob commented long ago that every trigger (pull, press, squeeze) should be done with a purpose.
No shoulder. Just an index finger and a belt loop. :cool: In all honesty though the OP makes a great point. Back when I was a kid I didn't care. It was all about how fast you could dump a mag. Now that simply costs too much and I am much more diligent with how I shoot and train. Whether it be dry fire or actual range time.

I was once told told.

Practice doesn't make perfect.

Practice makes permanent.

Changed the way I look at lots of things.

Interesting question and really got me to thinking today. I'd easily say "shooting", as in mainly recreationally these days. I haven't hunted in a long time. Ditto formal competition, though I still blast metallic silhouettes and bowling pins, by myself or with a family member. I was fastidious up until pretty recently about regular defensive practice, as an extension of preparedness, though I've shifted dramatically on that topic in recent memory. (That's a whole 'nother topic unto itself.)

Though I would characterizing my outings as almost exclusively recreational now, honestly, with few exceptions, I find it an almost complete bore and am increasingly uninterested. Though I have some vague ideas, I'm not really sure why it has turned into a large "meh". (I sold off a number of guns last year. Did a little this year and just listed another on GB this afternoon. I'm taking a good hard look at another piece to dump, but I'll wait, because it isn't urgent. But I'm meandering off-topic.)

So, yah, pretty much just for fun now. Though that scope and content of said recreation is changing.

Ha ha! Seriously. I still dont get it, the gun shoots fine, how can he not hit anything? And hes waaaay off too... like 3 feet over or under!? Well, hes got a disability so maybe he will come around and figure it out :(
I have twin boys, both are athletes.
One of them has broken a glock, short stroked a couple shotguns, and has flinched so hard with handguns that the round will hit dirt 10 feet in front of us.

The other has walked rounds almost over the top of a 30 foot berm, and flinches with his eyes so bad I that you'd think he was sneezing when he pulled the trigger.

My first born daughter,on the other hand is pretty focused. Go figure.

Dosent seem to apply to my 18 y/o.... he can't hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away and hes practicing with me a lot. At first I thought there was something off about his 1911 but I tried it a few times now and hit my 8" gong at 25yards no problem with every shot. Even showed him where he has to aim and all that.

I think its not all about "practice makes you better"...you gotta have some talent to begin with lol
I have a friend who shoots like that. With him it's just a flinch that he can't get over. I'll watch him, bullets flying everywhere, and when the gun's empty and he drops the hammer on the empty chamber, the guns jerks as much as if it were fired. Even with a .22lr he can't seem to break the flinch.

It's all training all the time and its all fun all the time. Plinking, bullseye shooting, IDPA, rifle leagues, qualifiers, long range and precesion, room clearing, retention, transitions etc.... or, just goofing around with friends, and seeing who has to buy a bottle of Scotch for the winner of that 100 yard pistol shot.

Enjoyed your post, Steve. See ya on the 15th and 16th!

NOTE: Folks, Cerberus runs astounding and high value courses. Sign up for anything that interests you or where you might need work. Steve and crew are top notch!

Dosent seem to apply to my 18 y/o.... he can't hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away and hes practicing with me a lot. At first I thought there was something off about his 1911 but I tried it a few times now and hit my 8" gong at 25yards no problem with every shot. Even showed him where he has to aim and all that.

I think its not all about "practice makes you better"...you gotta have some talent to begin with lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top