JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All right guys I'm turning to all the experts out there to help me out. I have convinced my wife that she needs to take some basic firearm training classes so she feels more comfortable handling a firearm. I would like to find a class that is women only for her so she is not intimidated by a bunch of men who think they know something and probably don't. o_O We live in the Hockinson/Battle ground area of Washington and hopefully can find something close to home. Any idea's would be appreciated.

We have a women only rifle clinic coming up in a month in Dundee, OR.

Many of the concepts translate to pistol - breath control, trigger control, sight picture etc.

It's an all .22lr event so no recoil or percussion to deal with.

Dundee LS Flyer.jpg

We looking at the same thing and will likely end up going here in Camas, WA.

LADIES ONLY HANDGUN COURSES

I've not yet taken any classes there but I can tell you they actively encourage women's shooting and training.

$110 isn't that bad for 2 classes if they are long enough.

OP:
I have said this a few times in the past to guys that want their ladies to learn shooting from someone else - find a class you can take together.

1. It can be a "date" or activity you both attend.

2. If the class teaches something counter to your shooting style, then at least you heard it from the instructor as well and can ask questions if needed or have a discussion with your wife afterwards and point out the pros and cons of the instructors advice.

You will be shooting together at some point and it's always better to be on the same page.

With you in the class she would (not that I have ever been in a class where women were not treated with respect, much the opposite - Instructors love to have more women shooting and go out of their way to accommodate and encourage them) possibly feel more comfortable with a room of possibly a majority being men.

3. It opens up your available training classes exponentially and you can pick and choose where and when you want to go vs having to adjust your schedule to the female only classes.

Just some stuff to consider.

@Joe13 that is actually great advise. It never hurts to brush up on the basics and then if my wife has questions I will know what the heck she is trying to tell me and I won't have to be confused when she explains it backwards or upside down! :D

Vancouver rifle and pistol club used to hold women only classes and the instructer is a women
might be worth a look

Last Edited:
seems lots of folks have moved away lately ,
thanks for the update I was just telling a female neighbor about Vicky's classes I think that is here name, anyway seems there is a need for female only training locally

seems lots of folks have moved away lately ,
thanks for the update I was just telling a female neighbor about Vicky's classes I think that is here name, anyway seems there is a need for female only training locally

I did some checking and Safefire in Camas actually has classes for women. Being indoors I'm pretty sure my wife will pick that.

All right guys I'm turning to all the experts out there to help me out. I have convinced my wife that she needs to take some basic firearm training classes so she feels more comfortable handling a firearm. I would like to find a class that is women only for her so she is not intimidated by a bunch of men who think they know something and probably don't. o_O We live in the Hockinson/Battle ground area of Washington and hopefully can find something close to home. Any idea's would be appreciated.
Chuck Fox does a wonderful job conducting classes for women at Clark Rifles. My Granddaughter gave him very good reviews. Range #
360-944-1118. Call Fri-Mon.
Best,
Gary

Chuck Fox does a wonderful job conducting classes for women at Clark Rifles. My Granddaughter gave him very good reviews. Range #
360-944-1118. Call Fri-Mon.
Best,
Gary

+1 on Chuck Fox
I've witnessed his firing line training while at the the range - super nice and mellow guy.

I didn't mention it because it's a members only club now, but depending on the timing I'd be happy to invite her to go as a guest - I can take 2 people and it's only $5 each.

No idea what the class costs.

Just let me know if you need that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews