JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What type of violation is it if you do?

Federal law prohibits it , unless you deliver it to the conductor, under Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 44 Section 922 subsection e. Nothing says they have to accept it however and it only applies to interstate not intrastate transport.

(e) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped; except that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of the trip without violating any of the provisions of this chapter. No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm.

Ah, you are good at reading codes :D

Do you know if Washington and/or Oregon law prohibits it for intrastate travel?

You are in for a long rough ride !!! Food is expensive as well as drinks.
Last year I traveled with a bunch of Oregon Marines from Salem to San
Diego on Amtrack for a National Marine Corps League Mid Winter Confer-
ance. Jack Daniels kind of helped buffer the many hours. Yeah, that's
not supposed to be legal either. Anyhow, did not have a carry permit for
Kalifornia, so left Betsey home. Got the red carpet treatment at both
MCRD and Camp Pendleton for the Expo West (state of the art weapon
and military equipment) so did not feel a need beyond the crusty crew
that I traveled with, to be armed. Some updated once under way to
sleeper cars, that I was told was more comfortable:D

I've traveled armed on trains in the past. It may technically be a violation of law but I still did it and i dont regret it at all. There are some scary people on trains sometimes. It was also done intrastate.

The consequences are no where near those if you fly...besides, how deep can that be hidden? Do they even post it anywhere or print it on your ticket, or warn you BEFORE you buy your ticket? Hell, buy yourself one of those fake antique Pinkerton badges, grow a mustache and scowl a lot...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top