Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Train full of humvees in Eugene

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Whitey375, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Whitey375

Whitey375 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

I'm not sure if this belongs in the political section, but I am fairly certain it will end up going that way.
    Driving home tonight, I saw this.
    a6a8ysyb.jpg
    te4a9u6a.jpg
    Just thought it weird, as I have driven that way hundreds of not thousands of times and never seen a train like that before. The train had probably 40+ cars full of trucks, about a third being ambulance/medic type. It was headed towards/through downtown Eugene.

2. cpy911

cpy911 Newberg Active Member

I grew up in Eugene and never saw anything like this. Thanks for taking the pic.

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Very interesting.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

On their way South? Then they are going to California, don't worry.

5. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I live near Joint base in WA...see things like this pretty often. Last time it was the Armored personnell carriers...rail car after rail car....made me really think about the $$ going to the military.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Whitey375

Whitey375 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

I don't know what the direction of the rail lines are after they leave Eugene, but as it sat, it was pointed South

7. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I don't see what the issue is. If the Gov't was trying to hide something why park it on a train in the second biggest city in the state. Also two guard units are deploying to Afghanistan in April or May from Oregon. One Army and one Air Force.

8. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Headed south? Nice! Finally attempting to secure our border with California!

9. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

UP regularly hauls military equipment, usually from/to Ft Lewis for exercises in Southern CA.

10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Because 98% of the American population are apathetic drones that don't care at all.

11. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Considering who is in control of those vehicles, more likely they are headed to the border to set up a shuttle service.

12. benjohson

benjohson Oregon Member

Saw the same type of setup with humvees, armored personnel carriers, a couple cars with tanks, and some of those big trucks with the six tubes of sta missiles on the back of them heading north when I was in Canby this morning at about 11. Never seen that type of transport before and I got a kick out of it.

13. notazombie

notazombie Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Probably just headed for the scrap yard. Haven't you guys heard? Bin Laden is dead, Al Qaeda is on the run and all the wars are over. Gotta melt them all down for Government Motors now that Detroit is making that roaring comeback.

14. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

YES!!! Protect our Oregon Border!!!! Save us, from the Invasion of the Zombies, err EEmegrates, who just pass through California, to work in Oregon

philip

skeezix and (deleted member) like this.