JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Primos TruthCam 60 Infrared game camera a few weeks ago, and set up a home made feed station on the bottom of my property to see what I might capture. I caught 100's of pics of squirrels and birds, a few kitty cats, and a few pics of raccoons. Nothing real exciting yet, oh well.

Figured I would share a pic of the raccoons, and encourage those of you who use trail/game cams to post your best shots in this thread.

Bring on the blacktail, muley, elk, bobcat, coyote, or whatever pics and throw them up on my thread!

PRMS0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me, Ive seen some pictures of some of the things that guy can cook, he could probably cook heaven out of roadkill!

Actually, Ive had raccoon before, and cooked right it is surprisingly really good meat. The Good Samaritan Church puts on a "Sportsman Dinner" once a year where church members who hunt bring in just about every kind of meat that can be found in Oregon and elsewhere, and have a huge barbecue and special guest speaker. They always have around 3 different kinds of "mystery meat" amongst everything else, and they tell everyone what the meats were at the end of the night. Raccoon was one mystery meat I tried, and it was pretty tasty (I also had nutria, which was unbelievably awesome!).

So anyways, long story short: I would eat it if Trslmn cooked it any day! :)

I know a guy from La Pine who hunts around the John Day area, he swears that he caught bigfoot on his trail cam. Don't know if he is a member on this site, but hopefully if he is he will see this thread and post the pic!

Stomper:

If illegal alien (the other dark meat) was a mystery meat, and Trslmn cooked it, I would totally eat it!

Sorry this is the best (only pic) i have of it.

My guess is wild turkey with a bit of motion blur and highlight from the sun:

Wild turkeys are covered with dark feathers that help them blend in with their woodland homes. The bare skin on the throat and head of a turkey can change color from flat gray to striking shades of red, white, and blue when the bird becomes distressed or excited.Animal Facts:  Turkeys

CDY_0001.jpg

turkey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty bull.:s0155: i had mine set up for 3 weeks, and i got nothing. but there was sign and activity everywhere.wonder if i set it up wrong?

pretty bull.:s0155: i had mine set up for 3 weeks, and i got nothing. but there was sign and activity everywhere.wonder if i set it up wrong?

Did you test it out before you left it? I don't know what kind of camera you have, but mine has indicator lights on the front so that you can see when it senses motion, and when it is writing a picture to the SD card. You can also see the IR lights come on when it takes a photo or video. So when I set mine up in a spot, I will take a test picture of myself before I leave, to verify that it senses my motion, takes a pic, and writes it to the memory card.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top