JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to add... Theres a lot of incorrect info in this thread, of which I'm not surprised. The idea of wolves polarizes us. Good and bad.
First, Calling it a Gray wolf is like calling it a car. Sure, it's a gray wolf, but what subspecies? Theres close to 40. Second, the wolves in Canada, are the same subspecies as what was in Oregon and washington when we exterminated then. Third, the "new" wolves are only slightly bigger than wolves of yesteryear. Were talking skulls that differ .125-.250", and that's not from being a different sub species, but due to where they are from. The closer to the equator they are, the smaller they get. That holds true for a lot of mammals.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a manageable population of wolves. I'd love to have a wolf season. I also wouldnt worry about hunting grounds getting destroyed. Go hunt Alaskan islands. Theres wolves, bears, and elk, and the elk arent going anywhere.

The biggest issue that I have with the re-introduction of wolves or any critter for that matter is...
That the folks who make the decisions to do so , often do not have to live and work in the same area , or personally experience the results of their decisions.
Andy

At risk of being redundant...wolves eat red meat! Maybe a long time elk hunter or two from ID can educate us. CA Sealions have reached OSP ( Optimum Sustained Population ), since 1992, and we're still waiting for " Management ". Have little hope it will be any different once woof's have destroyed our herds.

Wolves are hell on livestock and game; not so much on humans. They are an apex predator and they do kill for sport/training. There have been multiple reports of wolf packs decimating elk herds bogged down in deep snow and leaving most of the carcasses to waste.

Thinking wolves will only kill what they need to survive is like thinking that Native American tribes all got along and treated each other with dignity and respect until the white man came.

It's a bunch of fantasy propaganda pushed onto the populace.

I went to college and I became a federal park ranger and worked on the Snake river for four years. That was 20 years ago. I was hired because I was an outdoorsman who was educated. I couldn't get a job today as a park ranger because I am too conservative and no GIS computer experience.

This world is headed in a very bad direction...

Wolves are hell on livestock and game; not so much on humans. They are an apex predator and they do kill for sport/training. There have been multiple reports of wolf packs decimating elk herds bogged down in deep snow and leaving most of the carcasses to waste.

Thinking wolves will only kill what they need to survive is like thinking that Native American tribes all got along and treated each other with dignity and respect until the white man came.

It's a bunch of fantasy propaganda pushed onto the populace.

I went to college and I became a federal park ranger and worked on the Snake river for four years. That was 20 years ago. I was hired because I was an outdoorsman who was educated. I couldn't get a job today as a park ranger because I am too conservative and no GIS computer experience.

This world is headed in a very bad direction...
How many likes can I give this?? Truer words were never said!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top