JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As soon as those northern Alberta wolves were brought into Yellowstone they were "declared" endangered.

Canada treats them as coyotes. Shoot 24/7; day or night; any weapon; no lic. Or tag needed.

Now we need to meet recovery goals....

They are Northern Canadian Grey Wolves;;;;;;NOT past Oregon timber wolves.

Edit:They were brought into Yellow Stone Park by Park rangers to control a large elk herd.(no hunters allowed).
They stated they "planned on 500 total";;;;;and then later stated they knew they would repopulate the west into/including Idaho. Now Oregon and Washington.
They also knew that the wolf eats "a lot" of elk.

What conclusion should we SEE.
This was a Yellowstone PARK RANGER.
Don't be surprised. Park Rangers are same as the new crops of Fish&Wildlife " managers " coming out of school...enviro-preservationists.PETA's in uniform paid with our tax dollars.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Last year I was hiking through the Black Hills of South Dakota. Crossing a narrow valley a white wolf peaked its head above a fallen timber about two hundred yards away and just looked at me. I've locked eyes with all types of wildlife during my time on earth but this was something different. It's like he could almost talk to me. After maybe a second or two it headed off in the direction where I had saw some wild turkeys earlier that morning.

One experience I won't forget.

I think it is a very cool pic.
I also think it's the wrong animal to be here in the first place and I'd be very concerned if this was an area I had livestock or planned to do any hunting.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Last year I was hiking through the Black Hills of South Dakota. Crossing a narrow valley a white wolf peaked its head above a fallen timber about two hundred yards away and just looked at me. I've locked eyes with all types of wildlife during my time on earth but this was something different. It's like he could almost talk to me. After maybe a second or two it headed off in the direction where I had saw some wild turkeys earlier that morning.

One experience I won't forget.
To each his own. I think unharassed elk and deer in the winter time, when food is scarce and snow is deep, are cool.

Just thought it was cool and that I would share. I think wolves in this area is a pretty recent thing, and I know the area is a popular elk hunting spot.
View attachment 544927

No wolves are not cool. They are thrill killers and never finish their kill and leave most of it. They were eradicated for a reason. They threaten both the deer and elk populations. A good wolf is a dead wolf. Damn politicians and the Washington game department lied there a$$es off because the wolves in this state are planted and did not come across the Canadian boarder like they want you to believe. It's a Liberial lie. Since I can't do it here in Washington. I know a guide in Idaho where I can legally kill a wolf. The world will be much better with another dead wolf.

Brother and his buddy came upon a wolf in the Idaho mountains last year caught in a trap. Took some pretty good pics of it and then left. Somebody then showed up later that day and killed it and stole it. I guess the pelts are worth some money.
IMG_20161123_203422214_HDR.jpg

Was camping alone with just my dog and after getting camp set up and firewood gathered, decided to go for a short hike up a beautiful little draw by camp. Got about 100yds away and found a fresh pile of wolf scat. Dog was going nuts, marking all over and sniffing everything.

Apparently a wolf or two had come down and watched us set up camp. It was creepy as heck knowing I had no idea they were so close. Big dumb dog didn't alert either. Creepy...

uDbii1sxPibWgOYqAlWtwzuw4YXKH1Ew_cbQz3RejE8pX92IB.jpg uC8YhvFtSUb-wqOOEXqallpOwfEQcxybbNz8j9Ty78gpX92IB.jpg

very cool picture!
I'd be very excited to see that!

We need wolves in the gorge to help keep the naughty boy population down...
You know there are plenty of places to go to see wolves, minding their own business, far away from human habitation. It's NOT cool to look out your back window and see them in your pasture chewing on your livestock. They were removed in certain areas for good reason. Because vegans don't like cattle ranchers, is not a good enough reason to reintroduce a larger, even more aggressive sub-species of the original.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top