JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had I trail camera set up in the hills north east of Ellensburg, (not far from the wind farm) since about mid December and checked it yesterday. When I got up there I found tons of wolf tracks and sure enough I was able to get a picture of a wolf. Just thought it was cool and that I would share. I think wolves in this area is a pretty recent thing, and I know the area is a popular elk hunting spot.

IMG_0010.JPG

I had I trail camera set up in the hills north east of Ellensburg, (not far from the wind farm) since about mid December and checked it yesterday. When I got up there I found tons of wolf tracks and sure enough I was able to get a picture of a wolf. Just thought it was cool and that I would share. I think wolves in this area is a pretty recent thing, and I know the area is a popular elk hunting spot.

View attachment 544927
Cool!

Not cool. They were shot for a reason. The first gathering of pioneers in the W. Valley, that led to OR statehood, was called "The Wolf Meeting". Ranchers forced to work together for an organized approach to deal with the marauding wolves. Probably not taught in history these days.

That's another of those cases where they want to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens with new laws. They don't have to live with them. Their stated goal is to let predators ( wolves, cougars) do the game management - like the caveman days. That way we don't need hunting(ers). There's also a plan for fishing.

Their plan to ki-bosh cattle ranchers (sage grouse/sagebrush), got derailed, but they'll be back. They said it would be to E.OR ranchers what the Spotted Owl was to loggers on the W. side.

Their plan to ki-bosh cattle ranchers (sage grouse/sagebrush), got derailed, but they'll be back. They said it would be to E.OR ranchers what the Spotted Owl was to loggers on the W. side.
Yeah, I have cattle a few miles from where the picture was taken. Its only a matter of time before they come down into the valley looking for an easy meal. I'm not of the belief that wolves should be totally eliminated but I just know the rabid anti hunters will do everything they can to prevent there from being a wolf season here in WA. They should be managed like any other species once the recovery goals have been met.

Wolfs should be managed like any dog that harasses farm animals. Shot on the spot. But if there out in the woods doing their wolf thing they should be left alone. Unless there gets to be to many then they need to be thinned to try to keep a balance.

As soon as those northern Alberta wolves were brought into Yellowstone they were "declared" endangered.

Canada treats them as coyotes. Shoot 24/7; day or night; any weapon; no lic. Or tag needed.

Now we need to meet recovery goals....

They are Northern Canadian Grey Wolves;;;;;;NOT past Oregon timber wolves.

Edit:They were brought into Yellow Stone Park by Park rangers to control a large elk herd.(no hunters allowed).
They stated they "planned on 500 total";;;;;and then later stated they knew they would repopulate the west into/including Idaho. Now Oregon and Washington.
They also knew that the wolf eats "a lot" of elk.

What conclusion should we SEE.
This was a Yellowstone PARK RANGER.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I have cattle a few miles from where the picture was taken. Its only a matter of time before they come down into the valley looking for an easy meal. I'm not of the belief that wolves should be totally eliminated but I just know the rabid anti hunters will do everything they can to prevent there from being a wolf season here in WA. They should be managed like any other species once the recovery goals have been met.
Agree. Has to be managed just like other species.
As soon as those northern Alberta wolves were brought into Yellowstone they were "declared" endangered.

Canada treats them as coyotes. Shoot 24/7; day or night; any weapon; no lic. Or tag needed.

Now we need to meet recovery goals....

They are Northern Canadian Grey Wolves;;;;;;NOT past Oregon timber wolves.
WDFW has a website on the various packs.

"Wolves are dispersing into eastern Washington and the North Cascades on their own from adjacent populations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and British Columbia"

Wolves in Washington | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

pack_map_033018.jpg

Last Edited:
I feel that grey wolf should be managed like every other invasive species. They haven't historically and should not have ANY place in our ecosystem. One of the largest game animal populations/herds in the USA has been decimated in Yellowstone by the same species of wolf we have here.

That's another of those cases where they want to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens with new laws. They don't have to live with them. Their stated goal is to let predators ( wolves, cougars) do the game management - like the caveman days. That way we don't need hunting(ers). There's also a plan for fishing.

HEY, I resemble that remark.

Yeah, save the whales....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews