JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Generally, Trail Boss for shotgun reloading is not recommended.

Trail Boss in shotguns?

Aloha, Mark

PS....note that reloading data for shotgunners are usually very specific. They'll spec the brand of the hulls, the brand of the wad, brand and amount of powder, and the amount and size of shot to use. If you deviate from the specified load....well, pressure happens......so maybe it'll ruin your day. Really badly.

Last Edited:
ma96782's link said:
I actually called IMR- and asked. as a lot of you remembered, I was told you cant get enough powder in the shell along with an appropriate wad to work like its suppose to. Loads were worked up, but due the the length required of the case, they'd be outside the specs established. As such, not published and not recommended.

...and I think that nails it right there.
Thanks for the link Mark and thanks to "Pappy Myles" for doing the research..

Dean

From what I have experienced so far in my reloads, you are generally okay if the shot is lighter than published. I look at loads that have low pressure to begin with and go from there. Don't mess around too much, if you cant find ANY reload data for Trailboss, dont use it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top