JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S.166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS.I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box. Something, body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of?

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!

:s0114:

These formulaic & fictional stories are getting old.

Anyway, here's the original fictional story that this one is based off of.

A guy cruises thru a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman. He hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed carry permit.
"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?"
"Yes, I am."
"Well then, better tell me what you got."
Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket. There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my right boot."
"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"
"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."
"Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"
"Nope."
"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"
"Not a damn thing..."

An Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over a pick-up truck owner for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the driver, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and a concealed weapon carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mr. Smith, I see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons with you?"

The driver replied, " Yes sir, I have a 357 handgun in a hip holster, a
.45 in the glove box and a .22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at the driver and asked, "Anything else?"

"Yes sir, I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 behind the seat."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range
and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked into the driver's face and said "Mr. Smith, you're carrying quite a few guns. May I ask what you are afraid of?

Mr. Smith locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered,

"Not a damn thing!"

No thanks on the Nigerian investment, but a cute little story that makes someone smile isn't all bad.

It's not all bad, but when you watch a fictional story evolve in an attempt to be more realistic, it's just a precursor to urban legends and false facts.

George Washington chopping down a cherry tree, Yamamoto quote about guns behind every blade of grass, or my favorite, the ol' "I thought you said there was no one available." story. Each started as a light hearted story, and each can be found all over being quoted as fact.

I have actually witnessed a family fighting because the a son called B.S. on his father who was convinced Mr. Rogers was a Navy Seals sniper with over 150 kills.

I love a good story, but a story doesnt evolve from "a guy got pulled over by a policeman" to "I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S.166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS." unless someone is trying to pass it off as a factual account of history.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top