JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get why it should be a 'courtesy'. What makes it courteous?
You having a gun has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the officer. Your not going to shoot him,and if you were you wouldn't tell him you ave a gun.
It is NOT for anyone's safety.They are doing it because they are brain washed that gun owners are evil. Nothing more.They don't even know why they should ask other than the boss told them to. They can't give you a ticket if you have one and have a permit.
It's all BS.The cops that have been nice to you CCP holders are anomalies.Most in the greater puget sound area would just as soon you not have any weapons at all.
We are the least of any cops worries. Do they ask a know felon if they have a gun in the car? The very people that would harm them are the ones they don't bother asking.

How about the guy that just got back from Iraq that was detained while legally carrying,cause of some chicken shyte cop getting skeered cause he had a gun?Cuffed him and all till the boss got there.This was in Wyoming a couple years back.
And you don't think a city cop would do that?

Tell them nothing.Anything you say can,and most definitely will,be used against you.
None of their business.
I just hope y'a;; ain't the same ones giving me crap when I say I don't think open carry in town is a good thing,
Same thing,breaking down rights.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?
In Washington, as I understand it, you legally have to tell the officer you have a firearm and you have a CWL.

Well, first off we have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) and no where have I ever seen such a requirement and I've my CPL since 1983 and my father had one many years before that. (Way before FL ever started getting credit for having the first CWP licenses BTW)

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

"The cops that have been nice to you CCP holders are anomalies"
Well, I counted about 13 anomalies of positive encounters in four pages and only a few encounters that might classify as neutral. Perhaps the negative encounter is the anomaly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top