JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Circa 1971 had the pleasure of wanking around PDX/environs in a silver 1600 Datsun Roadster. (The Z-car had barely come to market at the time) Lotsa miles, stack o'green ointment soothed my pain of losing it....and helped with a newerfaster5speed2000cc/more HORSEdamnPOWER/discbrakes...(((RED))) .....and suddenly LOTS of stops/pull-it-over-buddy stuff. Rarely ticket but lotsa stink eye.....even got a ticket for 66 in a 65 zone up in Seattle area....so before long had it repainted SILVER....same driving, same roads, same behavior, etc. ZERO stops the entire next year....interesting comparison.
Wow, that's hilarious.
Most people have NO IDEA how fast those SRL 311 2.0Ls were. They were the best sleeper sportscar I ever saw.
They would practically write their own tickets.

WHEW!! good thing you didnt rear end any left lane troll campers going 65 in the fast lane!:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::eek:

good to see you got off with a warning!

a little respect goes a long way

No, there is no speed standard for reckless. Example: you are doing 100 on I5 south in dry weather with good lighting and no one around, in a straight section, not changing lanes. Not reckless.

You are going 90 on I5 south, it's been raining and the roads are wet, you tailgate a guy for a minute till he can get over and later make two unsignaled lane changes, one of which makes someone hit their brakes hard. Reckless.

That said, over 30+ mph is a big fine, so is over 100 (1000 dollar + fine).

In Idaho its actually spelled out in the statute that passing when you have a solid line in your lane is reckless driving... About speed it just says

"Any person who drives or is in actual physical control of any vehicle upon a highway, or upon public or private property open to public use, carelessly and heedlessly or without due caution and circumspection, and at a speed or in a manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property shall be guilty of reckless driving"

ZigZagZeke: Wow! You must have A VERY FAST CAR! My current Suzuki Suicide Baby Jeep will NOT go over 80 and it would take MILES to work up to that speed. My only slight claim to speeding fame is that in about early 2002 I was driving my new-to-me ex school bus 1974 Crown Supercoach 40 foot 3 axle 10 wheeler North on Eye Five, (I5) going between Weed CA to Yreka CA. Down hill.

Driving the bus from her old home in Apple Valley CA to her new home in Cave Junction Oregon. Got about 10.5 mpg @ 60 mph.

Actually worked the old girl up to about 2150 rpm in 10th gear. Flat wide open. Did I mention slightly down hill? About 85 mph. I passed a slow moving truck, (he was going about 60-62 mph) and he flashed his headlights quickly about five, (5) times. I am dumb but not stupid. I lit off the Jake Brake, (no brake light requirements with a Jake then) and slowed quickly back to 60 mph. 1500 rpm.

Cummins small cam 250. RTO910 Fuller. 3.9 drivers. Single Stage Jake. 12RX22.5 tires. A bus body on a logging truck frame.

ZOOM. A CHP, (California HIghway Patrol) car zipped passed me doing Warp 12. (very fast) Maybe even faster. I am sure to this day he was looking for that BIG RADAR BLIP. I learned my lesson let me tell you. It was a sobering experience. Never since then have I EVER speeded. NEVER! Also I am PROUD to say I have NEVER EVER received one speeding ticket in over 55 years. So there! :)
I was in a 1995 Z28 Camaro LT1 350 V8. Fastest I ever went in it was 140. My other car at the time was a Corvette.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top