JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love Glocks to death, think that for the money the gen 3 are the best Glocks ever made. But I despise the G26 and G27. The grip is short and fat with no design or thought put into actually being able to get a grip on the gun, and I know it's no fatter than the compact model Glock, but it FEELS fatter because it's so short. I had a G26 2 years ago, and hated it. I tried the Pearce extension and all that did was pinch my finger every time the gun fired. I couldn't trade that gun in on a G19 fast enough. All Glock did was chop an inch (or whatever) off the grip and call it a subcompact....I wouldn't off the Kahr if it were me, at least not for that.

A local shop with which I'm familiar has a CW40 for $459 with one mag, a Glock 27 for $499 for Gen 3 with two mags and Gen 4 for $539 with three mags. If you have more than one mag a case could be made for a straight-across trade private party.

As for not liking how small the Kahr grip is... you know the Glock has a shorter grip, right? I find it much easier to shoot my K9 (same size as a CW40 but with a stainless frame) than it is to shoot a Glock 26/27.

I would do it in a heart beat and not look back. I love the g27 and with all of the grip extensions out there you can easily get a hold of it. This is my personal favorite. It is more comfortable than a g23 or 19 and it does not pinch as some others do. X-Grip Mag Adapter Glock 19 23 Mag to fit Glock 26 27 Polymer Black On top of all that you can shoot 9mm, .357sig, .40sw, and .22lr out of a g27

I can tell you this (Personal feeling)

IF I have to run out the door into battle, A Glock would be my first choice for a side arm

I have owned the 23, 27, 29, 32, 33 and have handled and shot the 17,19, 26, and a couple of the long slide models.

They work, and work well.

Butt ugly, but pretty is not the objective when it comes to a battle tool.

Only 5 main components when doing a field strip.

Frame
Magazine
Slide
Barrel
Recoil spring assembly

No nonsense piece of equipment for sure.

Snowy

I bought a new cw9 last year. Shoot a box of 50 and traded it for a used G27 (OLCC officer's gun) with low round count. It was an even trade, I had paid $379 for the kahr. I did a full 9mm conversion on the G27 and it runs good. I run the flush fit mag with a GAP plate, or I run a G19 mag with a X-GRIP. For my backup I have 17, 19, or 33 round mag options :D

I'm a Glock guy so I was very happy with the trade.....so I would say yes to your question.

I carry a G26 nearly everyday and think they're an awesome EDC weapon. You have to bear in mind that a subcompact EDC pistol is just that, not a range weapon that is going to shoot awesome groups. With that said, the reliability of Glock is unmatched.

My main problem with the kahr is that the grip is just to small or thin for my big mitts to get a good grip on ihave not shot a subcompact glock but the grip is a lot thicker and easy for me to hold. Only downside to a glock will be it will not be nearly as easy to conceal as the super thin kahr

im with snowy river ive had a glock 27 gen 3 , 23gen 3 ,29,20 and glock 20sf . i dont think there ugly :confused: they do go bang all the time i have a gen 4 now and i carry it with a 9 round mag and 1 in the pipe and ether 2 glock 23 mags or two glock 22 mags as back up depends how im dressed i pack this set up most the time i too had a kahr pm40 and went to the glock instead . in the summer i carry a kahr p 380 stoked with buffalo bore 100gr +p hardcast