JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My neighbor and I want to do a little horse trading of pistols. When we go to the FFL to fill out paperwork, do we have to leave the guns there or can we bring them back home until the BGC gets the go ahead?

Also does anyone of you know if Gator's in Kelso does private party xfers?

Thanks!

My neighbor and I want to do a little horse trading of pistols. When we go to the FFL to fill out paperwork, do we have to leave the guns there or can we bring them back home until the BGC gets the go ahead?

Thanks!
You can bring them back home.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Best,
Gary

Thanks!
That depends on FFL, many FFLs in Oregon require that firearms stay with them until bg check requirements have been met.

Oregon and Washington the FFL will keep the firearm until background check clears. I just did a trade with a member here. I took my firearm to Washington and he brought his over to Oregon. Worked out great but both of us had to come back once cleared.
Once you fill out the paper work the firearm is no longer yours and you will need to do another bgc to take it back if something happens

The last couple times I sold one here in WA the buyer got "Delayed" and the shop we used sent me home with my gun. Called the buyer when he cleared and we both met at the shop again. Sounds like others are having different results so the place to go would be the shop or FFL you want to use and ask them. Would make sure you are asking the person who in on the FFL or runs the place to make sure you are getting the correct answer before you get started.

Oregon and Washington the FFL will keep the firearm until background check clears. I just did a trade with a member here. I took my firearm to Washington and he brought his over to Oregon. Worked out great but both of us had to come back once cleared.
Once you fill out the paper work the firearm is no longer yours and you will need to do another bgc to take it back if something happens
In Washington State, the owner may retain possession of the firearm until the BGC clears.
As a matter of fact, my FFL charges $15 less for the transfer if he does not have to take possession of the firearm.
Best,
Gary

In Washington State, the owner may retain possession of the firearm until the BGC clears.
As a matter of fact, my FFL charges $15 less for the transfer if he does not have to take possession of the firearm.
Best,
Gary
Good to know. Maybe it's because mine was out of state.

In America, you don't need to go through an FFL to do a private party transfer.
In America ALL adults are free to pick and choose which laws they will follow. I certainly do NOT like a few of the laws that get put on me but, normally choose to not make myself a test case just to prove a point. The downside to freedom to make adult choices is paying adult consequences if you get on the wrong side of some law you did not like.

In America ALL adults are free to pick and choose which laws they will follow. I certainly do NOT like a few of the laws that get put on me but, normally choose to not make myself a test case just to prove a point. The downside to freedom to make adult choices is paying adult consequences if you get on the wrong side of some law you did not like.
In America, you don't need to go through an FFL to do a private party transfer.
Believe me, that scenario was discussed however with the way this state is heading, I dont want to be Turd Furguson`s next example. I absolutely think it's an infringement on my rights but I try to be law abiding gun owner. The law is BS but until we can get it changed, I'm gonna reluctantly abide by it.

The upside is the statute of limitations.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top