JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Portland METRO
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey Shooters!

So, I had this old boomstick leaning against the wall in my bedroom for probably a decade and then I splurged on a Shockwave which has taken its spot and so I'm thinking I might want a different toy. . . it is hard to find a gun in this style that is USA made these days, so if that is something important to you this gun could be for you.

It is a vintage Springfield side by coach gun -- double barrel, double trigger, old school, Elmer Fudd Special. Springfield 12 ga shotguns in this pattern were the Model 311 made from 1929-1948. It is 'new' enough that is has a solid forged barrel stamped "proof tested 12GA" -- so no damascus barrel kaboom worries. I fired it plenty when I first got it (it went bang every time) but probably hasn't been fired for well over 5 years now, which means I should let it go. . .

It is old enough that it almost certainly started life as a full length shotgun which was cut down long before I owned it. They did it at a safe legal length: barrels are 19.5" . Anyway, the old hardwood is actually pretty nice, and shows great patina. When I got it it had the tattered remains of a rubber shock absorber buttcap on it, and now has a cheap rubber buttcap/pad off of an old 870 and an ammo holder sock -- but both come off easy. Bluing is pretty darn good as well -- good enough that I halfway suspect it was re-blued sometime before I got it. . . or maybe they just made 'em better back then. . . There is some minor cracking in the stock -- probably could be pinned or glued pretty easily -- nothing I ever worried about but I did want to mention it.

The dual trigger break-action mechanism is interesting -- when you break it, the spring loaded ejectors pop out the shells. Putting it back together cocks both barrels and engages the safety switch which is ambidextrous and mounted on the top (same placement as a Mossberg). Flip the safety off and BOTH triggers are live -- pull 'em one at a time, and you have two rapid shots -- pull them both at the same time and see how strong your wrist is ;) In the old days, crazy people would wire the triggers together and have one hell of a boomstick. . . I think doing that nowadays would make it an illegal machine gun, so don't do that. What's pretty cool about the whole thing is that each trigger has its own separate firing mechanism, so even if one side were to break or get stuck or something, the other one is unaffected -- loose one side and you still have a single shot 12Ga breaktop.

Anyway, it is a cool old coach gun of a type and in the condition you don't see much these days -- Could be pretty special for one of you guys who do the cowboy cosplay 3-gun thing. But, I'm ready for something new.

I'm looking for trades for a quality firearm-- I'm picky re quality and configuration, but I'm openminded. Quality small carry pistols are always interesting. . . If you have a Seecamp .380 I would be very excited and could add ca$h ;) I'm also actively looking for a Sig p938and could add some coin toward that. . . a Sig p238 is also interesting, but I'd prefer the 9mm. . . a quality modern 'tactical' pistol with a rail (eg Sig P365) could be interesting, but I actively dislike the Glock dual 'safety' trigger and all the copies of it.

Shoot me a PM with your offer(s), and THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY LISTING!

WP_20211008_16_30_15_Pro.jpg WP_20211008_16_30_28_Pro.jpg WP_20211008_16_30_45_Pro.jpg WP_20211008_16_33_57_Pro.jpg WP_20211008_16_33_49_Pro.jpg 612bMtSbxbL._RI_.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Hey Shooters!

So, I had this old boomstick leaning against the wall in my bedroom for probably a decade and then I splurged on a Shockwave which has taken its spot and so I'm thinking I might want a different toy. . . it is hard to find a gun in this style that is USA made these days, so if that is something important to you this gun could be for you.

It is a vintage Springfield side by coach gun -- double barrel, double trigger, old school, Elmer Fudd Special. Springfield 12 ga shotguns in this pattern were the Model 311 made from 1929-1948. It is 'new' enough that is has a solid forged barrel stamped "proof tested 12GA" -- so no damascus barrel kaboom worries. I fired it plenty when I first got it (it went bang every time) but probably hasn't been fired for well over 5 years now, which means I should let it go. . .

It is old enough that it almost certainly started life as a full length shotgun which was cut down long before I owned it. They did it at a safe legal length: barrels are 19.5" . Anyway, the old hardwood is actually pretty nice, and shows great patina. When I got it it had the tattered remains of a rubber shock absorber buttcap on it, and now has a cheap rubber buttcap/pad off of an old 870 and an ammo holder sock -- but both come off easy. Bluing is pretty darn good as well -- good enough that I halfway suspect it was re-blued sometime before I got it. . . or maybe they just made 'em better back then. . . There is some minor cracking in the stock -- probably could be pinned or glued pretty easily -- nothing I ever worried about but I did want to mention it.

The dual trigger break-action mechanism is interesting -- when you break it, the spring loaded ejectors pop out the shells. Putting it back together cocks both barrels and engages the safety switch which is ambidextrous and mounted on the top (same placement as a Mossberg). Flip the safety off and BOTH triggers are live -- pull 'em one at a time, and you have two rapid shots -- pull them both at the same time and see how strong your wrist is ;) In the old days, crazy people would wire the triggers together and have one hell of a boomstick. . . I think doing that nowadays would make it an illegal machine gun, so don't do that. What's pretty cool about the whole thing is that each trigger has its own separate firing mechanism, so even if one side were to break or get stuck or something, the other one is unaffected -- loose one side and you still have a single shot 12Ga breaktop.

Anyway, it is a cool old coach gun of a type and in the condition you don't see much these days -- Could be pretty special for one of you guys who do the cowboy cosplay 3-gun thing. But, I'm ready for something new.

I'm looking for trades for a quality firearm-- I'm picky re quality and configuration, but I'm openminded. Quality small carry pistols are always interesting. . . If you have a Seecamp .380 I would be very excited and could add ca$h ;) I'm also actively looking for a Sig p938and could add some coin toward that. . . a Sig p238 is also interesting, but I'd prefer the 9mm. . . a quality modern 'tactical' pistol with a rail (eg Sig P365) could be interesting, but I actively dislike the Glock dual 'safety' trigger and all the copies of it.

Shoot me a PM with your offer(s), and THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY LISTING!

View attachment 1046914 View attachment 1046922 View attachment 1046923 View attachment 1046924 View attachment 1046925 View attachment 1046926
I do not have any hardware to trade, but I do have some very well done presidential portraits
I would trade. Would you have a number in mind?
Best,
Gary

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.