JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$480
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
9mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Want to trade my S&W 669 for a Glock 26 of equal value and same condition. Production ceased in '85 and if my memory serves me correctly that's when it was purchased. I may have fired a single magazine through it but that's it. I'm going to carry concealed again would like a Glock 26. I'm not rally interested in anything else. We will need to talk about the transfer.

563884-2e6fd1f8949134d76729f142e11b8041.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Don't be discouraged, Gunny. There's a pretty narrow market for these older Smiths so it will probably take some time.
Why doncha carry the 669? I carry my 6904 sometimes, just for something different. Mag disconnect aside, I dig em (3rd Gen Smiths).

Semper Fi
GLWS

Oh I'm not discouraged, slightly pissed, but not discouraged. I had a member pleading with me to sell it to him. When I agreed, he simply dropped off the radar. Now I've lowered the price and will sell to another member. I carry a Ruger LCP as my EDC. I also have two Clocks, my 1911 A1 from the Corps, a Key-Tec PMR30 and a couple of other Key-Teks in addition to revolvers and other pistols. So that's one of the reasons that I'm offering the 669 for sale. I've never carried it and may have fired one mag through it. It's a perfectly serviceable and reliable handgun. But at my age, it's time to start putting them in the hands of other men.

Yes, I understand. My very first S&W autoloader was a Model 39 followed by a Model 59 (because of the higher Mag capacity.) Back in the day, cops could order directly from S&W and have the guns put together pretty much any way you wanted. I had a couple of revolvers (Model 19's) that had nickel cylinders and blued barrels and frames. I referred to them as my "pimp" guns. My first Model 29 .44 Mag w/83/8 barrel cost me $129.00. Ah those were the days!

I was a Reservist for many years. It was different back in my day. I was contacted by Headquarters Marine Corps in an effort to get me to return to active duty for Desert Shield. I could return as a temporary officer (commissioned) or as a Warrant Officer. After considering the debacle that was the war in Vietnam, I politely declined. My personal opinion is that I'm tired of the U.S. fighting all these proxy wars. I'm sure that the Afghans and other folks simply want to be left alone to raise their families and enjoy their lives. It was like that in Vietnam. The farmers didn't care at all about who was in power. It's all politics and America's best and bravest are always in the forefront. I've completed my rant!!

Want to trade my S&W 669 for a Glock 26 of equal value and same condition. Production ceased in '85 and if my memory serves me correctly that's when it was purchased. I may have fired a single magazine through it but that's it. I'm going to carry concealed again would like a Glock 26. I'm not rally interested in anything else. We will need to talk about the transfer.

View attachment 715221
Semper Fi Gunny

Yes, I understand. My very first S&W autoloader was a Model 39 followed by a Model 59 (because of the higher Mag capacity.) Back in the day, cops could order directly from S&W and have the guns put together pretty much any way you wanted. I had a couple of revolvers (Model 19's) that had nickel cylinders and blued barrels and frames. I referred to them as my "pimp" guns. My first Model 29 .44 Mag w/83/8 barrel cost me $129.00. Ah those were the days!
Gunny:

Semper Fi! You and me share a history. I couldn't agree more about the 'Nam and our intervention in third world brush wars where we have no business butting in. I'm Old Corps too, cop when I got out and have been doing that for the past 58 years.
I recall fondly the "Order directly from Smith" years, I hunted with a $129.00 six inch Model 29, carried a 5" Model 27 as a Patrol Sergeant in Cleveland, a Smith 6906 as an undercover federal narc in Miami and a Smith 42 off duty there that I paid $92.00 for. I've been a firearms instructor and pistol team captain at both the local and federal level for lots of years and I gotta say I've never had a more reliable, dependable semi-auto weapon than the same kind of "Smith Wonder 9" as the one you are selling with the exception of the 1911s that I've been using and carrying for the past more years than I'm willing to acknowledge. Someone is going to get a very fine weapon at an excellent price. That's a Smith collectors xxx dream!

GLWS and watch your backtrail.
Scott
Semper Fi

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.