JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can buy or sell a handgun or rifle to and from a qualifying 18 year old in a private sale legally, that said as a father of an 18 year old I wont sell anything to anyone under the age of 21.

you missed the 2nd half.

and we all KNOW the law. but in my opinion if you cant buy it from a store until 21 then i wont sell to you if your not 21. Even if it is Legal.

Yes in the end it is legal and I don't expect anyone to conform to my own personal rules. On the other side of the argument we as a nation send our 18 year old's to war with automatic weapons so it is not for me to make any judgments on what others should do in a legal gun sale.

I recently had a 17 year old - a member here - try to trade me his 2 handguns for a defensive shotgun. When I pressed for ID and bill of sale...

No way of course - deal was off.

But I agree with Trismn. To me it depends on the young man. We do send them to war with select fire weapons and they die for us at 18.

I recently had a 17 year old - a member here - try to trade me his 2 handguns for a defensive shotgun. When I pressed for ID and bill of sale...

No way of course - deal was off.

But I agree with Trismn. To me it depends on the young man. We do send them to war with select fire weapons and they die for us at 18.

Ex member I might add. ;)

For some reason I thought I heard this somewhere. Maybe it was just a conversation. They were "CONSIDERING" being the main word, lowering the age to 18 to purchase from a FFL, because of the army scenario. If you were 18 in the army, wouldnt you have a sidearm of some sort. Then when you are done with your tour of duty, they say you cant have one. Is that true?

Yes but when Your in the military they Train you to use the weapons that you use, they dont just hand you a gun and say go kill some bad guys. Id bet that alot of the people here have just got into gun in the past few years and never really grew up around them. My uncle and cousins are really into guns and hunting ever since they were little. and now Both of my cousins are in Special Forces. But I was never really around them alot. I just recently ( about two years ago) Bought my first gun, and having an uncle that was very cautious about guns really helped me know wat I know about guns today.

It all depends on the person. How knowledgable about guns they are, how comfortable you are with them on a Mature Level. I am under 21 but if it is legal, why not get this much more practice? Not a lot of people in my same age(that I have personally met) know a whole lot about guns. I am just that much more aware of how to handle a handgun/safety of a handgun. So everyone remember

.45's and .38's is UNDER 21 & I do trade for handguns. Why you ask...:huh:.....Because it is legal, and I love handguns.:love:

:s0067:

Good for you :s0155:
It all depends on the person. How knowledgable about guns they are, how comfortable you are with them on a Mature Level. I am under 21 but if it is legal, why not get this much more practice? Not a lot of people in my same age(that I have personally met) know a whole lot about guns. I am considered a "gun nut". I am just that much more aware of how to handle a handgun/safety of a handgun. So everyone remember

.45's and .38's is UNDER 21 & I do trade for handguns. Why you ask...:huh:.....Because it is legal, and I love handguns.:love:

:s0067:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top