JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone over 21 private trade with someone over 18,but under 21? the 21 year old will receive a rifle. the over 18 yr old but under 21yr old will receive a Handgun. Both parties are over 18 & OR residents. This would be for private ownership.

Sorry, I did not see the 'age' criteria. I do not know it if it is legal or not to be truthful.

If both parties are over 21, then I would say yes. However, if one, or both parties are under 21, yet 18 or over....I would not think so....if a handgun is involved.

You can legally own a hand gun if your 18. U just can not purchase it through an FFL dealer unless your 21. And you cannot conceal the weapon if under 21 cause you can not get a CHL Unless your 21. So yes In a private Deal I would say yes.

I just got turned down on the best deal last night. I have before traded a Long Rifle for a handgun as well as a handgun for handgun. Im under 21. OR resident. This posting was to prove to someone else it is legal. you just cant buy from a FFL under 21. Private deals are legal. If I had money. I could legally ask to buy your handgun for cash privately. Some people have it stuck in their head that they cant trade with someone under 21. I've proved otherwise to multiple people.

Sorry, I did not see the 'age' criteria. I do not know it if it is legal or not to be truthful.

If both parties are over 21, then I would say yes. However, if one, or both parties are under 21, yet 18 or over....I would not think so....if a handgun is involved.

You were going to trade me my 2 handguns for your 1911 before. remember?

You can buy or sell a handgun or rifle to and from a qualifying 18 year old in a private sale legally, that said as a father of an 18 year old I wont sell anything to anyone under the age of 21.

You can buy or sell a handgun or rifle to and from a qualifying 18 year old in a private sale legally, that said as a father of an 18 year old I wont sell anything to anyone under the age of 21.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, But everyone's kids are different. I am over responsible.........if that exists. I am very responsible of the weapons I own.

So as long as it is legal, thats all I want to know. Thanks trlsmn
I always get confused spelling your name. My fingers want to write trlsman always.

You can buy or sell a handgun or rifle to and from a qualifying 18 year old in a private sale legally, that said as a father of an 18 year old I wont sell anything to anyone under the age of 21.

I agree... I dont think id sell to anyone who was 18 unless they were Family. Granted an 18 year old can buy a rifle at 18, im sure theres a reason why they can't get a handgun till 21, so just to cover my butt and everything id wait and sell to a person who is 21.:s0155:

Good point. I've met enough people that I dont/do care if people arent comfortable. I always tell up front. If they dont want to trade then that is A OK with me because there is someone out there that feels the complete opposite. If the law is legal, why not. Once it is not in your possession, It really shouldnt be that big of a issue. I see it like this. The law is the law. If the definate answer is YES. If you choose not to trade......Bummer, you just lost out on money or a good trade. I have met PLENTY of people that say "people just have it stuck in their head". If you have kids that cause trouble, no bubblegum your not going to trade.

I agree... I dont think id sell to anyone who was 18 unless they were Family. Granted an 18 year old can buy a rifle at 18, im sure theres a reason why they can't get a handgun till 21, so just to cover my butt and everything id wait and sell to a person who is 21.:s0155:

FROM A FFL ONLY. I really didnt want to go back and forth. I just needed a For Sure answer. Obviously it is legal to privately trade a rifle for handgun.
I will keep on doing it, until the law changes or until I turn 21. I dont have kids so I dont see it both ways. If it was illegal I would have had my warnings by now. Look at my trade ratings. All those people say IT IS LEGAL.

Friskeydingo part 2?

Anyways I feel most people on here will NOT make deals with people under 21. I personally will not. It's one of the first questions I ask of the person I'm dealing with (unless it's obvious they're over 21).

Friskeydingo part 2?

Anyways I feel most people on here will NOT make deals with people under 21. I personally will not. It's one of the first questions I ask of the person I'm dealing with (unless it's obvious they're over 21).

Thank you for your opinion.:s0155: if what im doing is wrong I would think I would be banned by now.

Exactly. It's if your comfortable or not? Im trying to find the people who are comfortable & know the law. Those are my kind of people. This thread can be closed. What needed to be discussed has been discussed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top