JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently traded into a S.A. M14 SOCOM 16. It has a very nice wood stock that looks new and has no marks on it. It has no rails which IMO makes for a much nicer looking rifle. The piece looks to have been fired very little.
I'm am a FAL fan and can't make up my mind if I want to keep it or trade it for a quality FAL.
Why would you choose the SOCOM 16 over the FAL.

I traded into a FAL ... And my bud had a SOCOM 16 i fell in love with. And as I shoot mine I'm growing to love it as much if not more. It recoils less and with adjustable gas system when it gets nasty just tweek the gas and ur back in the fight.

It has a 21in barrel so its heavier, but if I went shorter it would be only 18in cuz the velocity is better that 16in cuz of powder burn time with the 308rd.

But if ur up for a trade we could talk.

Well I believe ,right now a Socom is worth quite a bit more than most FALs.
And if you reload or just keep the brass for trade stock,the FAL beats it up.
And the FALs weren't designed to be match grade accurate.I don't know about the socom in that area.

I have shot neither one but have always wanted an M1A be it, SOCOM, Scout Squad or standard. The FAL just doesn't appeal to me, but it's your decision.
Talked to another fellow on another site, he uses his Socom for hog hunting in Texas; swears by it and won't use anything else for hogs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top