JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys, I been thinking about selling my almost new HK USP45 with Insight M2 UTL to get a Sig Sauer P220R Elite Dark. I have no problems with USP45 at all, I trust my life with and it never give me any problems. but I just realized that my USP45 just hangs on my wall and collects dust. I only use it when I go out in the woods to shoot it. Im a pretty good size guy and I can usually concealed carry a full size handgun but the USP45 is just really too bulky and big to Concealed Carry. I was thinking of replacing it with a Sig P220R Elite Dark, because I currently own a P226R 9mm Enhanced Elite and I have been carrying it along with my SA Loaded 1911. I know the P220s are 8-rounder mags compare to USPs 12-round mags, but I'm not really too worried about mag capacity.

So what do you guys think? should I do it? would it be a little bit more practical to do that? Is the Sig P220s are just as reliable and dependable as their 9mm pistols? I personally only have an experience on 9mm Sig pistols and thats it.

Let me know guy, It will help me decide..

Thanks in advanced..

AJM

Ive had both and both are great guns. I eventually ended up getting rid on the hk and keeping my p220 carry. It was a real tossup as both guns were extremely accurate, easy controls, and very good quality. The sig just fit my hand better and I felt more confident with it.

+1 Sig. I too have owned both and I just like the Sig better. They are both excellent firearms from outstanding manufacturers. If you are going to carry it however, I would recommend not getting the Elite model because of the beavertail. I would also get the model with the hammer drop DA/SA not the 1911 style SA only.

+1 Sig. I too have owned both and I just like the Sig better. They are both excellent firearms from outstanding manufacturers. If you are going to carry it however, I would recommend not getting the Elite model because of the beavertail. I would also get the model with the hammer drop DA/SA not the 1911 style SA only.

Yeah.. If I get a P220 it would be the Elite Dark because I have a P226 Enhanced elite that's got a beavertail and it doesn't really bother me.
I've been carrying it for quite a while now. :) and it would be the DA/SA. I have no problem with my USP45 at all, its just its too bulky and big. I know its one helluva gun but it just collects dust inmy house. So I'm thinking about selling it to get the P220 Elite Dark

I own both for drop in mud keep the hk...hk goes bang longer when dirty... as for accuracy felt recoil etc sig hands down. Also sigs are very simple to strip completly down for mods or meticulate cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top