JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to trade in my Kahr CM9 for an LCP at the local dealer, what do you think they will offer me for my Kahr w/ 1 spare mag and two kydex (one pocket, one iwb) pj holsters?

It used to jam up, but the factory finally got it sorted out but I am over the gun and want it out of my safe.

I have no idea what to expect from the dealer, I bet it won't be much. I'd like to go the dealer route so it's transferred out of my name.

Thanks -
Scott

You should easily be able to find an LCP in trade for that.
But a dealer will probably want your gun and another $100.00.

Yeah, I am thinking I may get hosed bad if I go the dealer route. So I can to a FTF sale and submit paperwork so the firearm is out of my name? I didn't know that - I need to do some homework. Thanks for the info, I just wouldn't want the knock on the door because my firearm was used in a crime sometime in the future after I sold it and the only way I thought you could get it out of my name was to do an FFL transfer on it.

I was thinking I would be able to find someone quick on here that would want to do the trade, for someone looking for a pocket 9mm it's a heck of a deal with night sights and all. I'd even trade for a snubby S&W ... hmmm.
Scott

do the sale face to face and have the purchaser fill out a bill of sale. I know lots of people on this site don't like them, but it gives you something to show 'just in case' the gun is used in a crime in the future. YMMV.

Just so you know...The gun is not "in your name." WA does not have a gun registry. You were the last person the gun was transferred to. If the gun was used in a crime and law enforcement decided to start tracing they would first go to the Mfr who would tell who it was sold to. Good chance it was a distributor who then has to look up who they sold it to. Then it gets back to your dealer who then gives them your info. If the cops come knocking on your door you have the choice of passing on the info to who you sold it to or just saying that you sold it. If you trade it back to the dealer the trail is still going to come to you at some point.

It's really not something I would be concerned about and let myself get raked over the coals by trading it to a dealer. You have the options of getting the buyer to fill out a BOS and checking their WA DL and/or CPL. If you really want to go far you can have the gun transferred through a dealer to the buyer, but this will ward off lots of potential buyers.

(I'm interested if you decided to sell face to face)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top