JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have Win 296, or black powder to trade for your container of Universal. I'd be willing to buy it from you if fairly reasonable price.

Trying to load mid-range .44 Magnum for friend's wife to shoot through her Henry Big Boy. Full magnums are overkill for volume plinking. I grabbed Win 296, thinking "44 Magnum" loads. No reduced pressure loads for Win 296.

I'd be willing to go with another clean-burning powder. I've used Win 231 and Trail Boss, but don't have those. I don't want to use Unique, leaves burned kernles behind. (The wife is fun, a good shot, but has OCD). I have an old half full can of Unique, if you'd prefer that.

Urgency in that wife has chance to go shooting in a couple of weekends. Retail sources are out, and I need to load this weekend.

Need to keep travel nearby to Tualatin, OR. Please PM.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Someone might be able to help you with load data. what powders and bullets do you have?

W296 is basically the same as H110 and Lyman 50th has load data for H110.

almost all my loading/shooting is with cast bullets so I can't be much help

PS, if you haven't used Universal in a good while it may not be as clean as you remember. If I recall correctly, I bought the Universal because I had read it was exceptionally clean but that was when it was Universal with "Clays" technology. I don't think it's the same formula any longer, doesn't mention "Clays" any more.

Bryan

conditor, I have data and components except powder. I own powder, but is in storage in another state. Thanks, regardless.

Bryan, thanks for the offer, but I agree, two hour round trip drive is more than worth. Thank you for the heads up on the formula change! I'll research the details. I have many pounds of "old" Universal.

Still looking for local source of one pound of clean burning powder suitable for mid-range 44 Mag loads.

P7M13, I have old memories of trying 2400 in 44spl, 45c, .410, and reduced 41 Rem. Seemed to burn as dirty as Unique. Works well enough (clean) if 41 pressure was near max. I'm not familiar with Accurate powders.

I think I'll load up a couple boxes worth with Unique, and see if they can live with the slight mess until i can access rest of my supplies. Means breaking out the gear twice, though. I'm tempted to load up a batch with black powder; implosion therapy for the neat and tidy among my group of friends.

Good luck go get it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top