JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can agree that a post that is blatantly racist or offensive should be banned immediately. I think we would all agree to that. The problem is posts that are in that grey area or maybe are just counter to a moderator's personal opinions?

When there is no explanation given then one has to assume there was an ulterior motive at work. I heartily believe that moderators are here to enforce the dictum of the site owners. However, if people think their posts are going to be removed without reason why would they bother posting? It could become a very boring forum.

Is it possible there are too many moderators? I've never seen anything unprofessional from coctailer, whichaka or trlsmn but are there other mods that haven't chimed in on this discussion?

I'm not trying to be butt-hurt that my post was deleted. I'm just trying to find out who and why? Most of the members here are staunch supporters of the Constitution and we believe in the right to face our accusers!

I was unaware that y'all had mods.
I'm new here and my introductory post wasn't moderated at all (which is actually nice, I think).
I mean, we're all grown-ups here right? folks just need to have a little decorum and respect for one another and watch your language (don't say something you wouldn't say around your Grandmother).

I can agree that a post that is blatantly racist or offensive should be banned immediately. I think we would all agree to that. The problem is posts that are in that grey area or maybe are just counter to a moderator's personal opinions?

When there is no explanation given then one has to assume there was an ulterior motive at work. I heartily believe that moderators are here to enforce the dictum of the site owners. However, if people think their posts are going to be removed without reason why would they bother posting? It could become a very boring forum.

Is it possible there are too many moderators? I've never seen anything unprofessional from coctailer, whichaka or trlsmn but are there other mods that haven't chimed in on this discussion?

I'm not trying to be butt-hurt that my post was deleted. I'm just trying to find out who and why? Most of the members here are staunch supporters of the Constitution and we believe in the right to face our accusers!

I believe as you do on the last line.
Personally, I think we have about 1/2 the moderators that a site of this size needs.
More mods doesn't mean more restriction, but more real people interacting with the members discussing the goals of this forum.
This thread may be one of the best threads for site development since it started.

It would be nice to get together as a group to have a "meet and greet" at a local establishment to discuss stuff like this.

I think it would help give a better understanding of what the members expect from the mods, and it would let the members know how they can help the mods keep the site on track.

The point of this forum is to be different that the other ones on the Internet. Not better.....different.

There are almost 0 options for a firearm forum that is family friendly. This one is as close as I have seen in a major website.
I have gained a bunch of close friends from this site. It would be cool to get a chance to put y'all in the same room.

Unfortunately "Local" on this site is a relative term. I notice someone from Virgina just signed up. :)

I don't post a lot here. Sometimes I think I just don't have the patience. So many new folks, with some of the same old questions/mistakes. While I do have inexhaustible patience IRL (have to have when working with apprentices), I just don't seem to have patience online and come off way to gruff at times. I do believe that some political discussion is good for this place, but it is a good idea (especially for me) to remember that not all "liberals" hate firearms, and not all "conservatives" like firearms. Also, some things that may be "funny" from a "conservative" point of view might not be funny to someone with "liberal" leanings, and vice versa. This is after all, a site for firearms enthusiasts of the North West, regardless of political bent.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I do think the moderators here do a good job. You will never keep everyone happy, no mater what you do. Not trying to stroke anyone. I am a mod on a couple of other sites (and somewhat of one IRL). It ain't easy some days

Last I heard, there was a site specifically for political topics etc... Northwestliberty.com or some such thing.
Should be simple to keep NWFA in line with its current philosophy if members were willing to take the bulk of their political frustrations out over there.
IMHO of course. ;-)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads