Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tracker Gun Safes

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by 0GRE, Dec 8, 2013.

1. 0GRE

0GRE Portland, OR Member

:huh:

Does anyone out there have either first-hand experience or second-hand knowledge about Tracker Gun Safes? I'll be in the market for a very large safe when we build our future house and I would love to spend my money on a product from a local business.

The Tracker website looks very professional and the product info is clear, however, I haven't heard anything else about them out in the real world.

Thanks for your input.

Tracker Safes

2. cpy911

cpy911 Newberg Active Member

Made in China.

3. 0GRE

0GRE Portland, OR Member

Really? That's disappointing.

4. Major Payne

Major Payne PNW Active Member

I have one. I love it. Great quality for the price. Great guys to deal with

5. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

ditto what Major said, +2

6. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Not only is it disappointing, but nowhere on the site does it say that the Tracker
    Safe is made in China

7. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

deleted

8. 0GRE

0GRE Portland, OR Member

You hit the nail on the head.

9. cpy911

I called them and they said made to their specifications in China.

10. Papercidal

Papercidal Vancouver ,Wa Active Member

I have one and like it for what it is they are made in China and are priced accordingly, they where the only safe that was small enough to fit in the space I had with bolts on all 4 sides. It is good enough to keep the kids out and dissuade some thief's but that's about it.

BVB and (deleted member) like this.
  11. 0GRE

0GRE Portland, OR Member

Thanks to all for your time and input. It's true my final choice will hinge greatly on how much money I can afford to throw at a safe, however, fire resistance and volume will be seriously considered as well. Something similar to a Cannon "Armory" would be sweet. Then again, I could probably get a vault door and build myself a panic room for that price. Decisions, decisions...

12. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

yes, price is an issue. with the ammenities that Tracker offered, as well as local, they fit my needs. go and look at one at the shop.

13. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I have a Tracker and have been very happy with it

14. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a Liberty safe.....made in Utah. I love that thing.

15. Scvette

Scvette Olympia Active Member

Look at Summit safes,built in Utah also. I have a high end one,the door is 1/2" steel and the safe weigh 1450lbs. Not sure what price your looking for,these are a little spendy but I think there worth it. I think it has a 90+ min fire rating!might be more I'm not positive though. Not sure who sells them in Oregon.

16. cpy911

Liberty has an entry level line called the Revolution that are similar to what Tracker is selling but Made in USA. They were recently renamed to Revolution from Centurion to differentiate from their other import Centurion line. Something to think about. I might add that the bodies are 2 piece formed and not welded like Trackers. You can get these at Lowes.

Liberty Safe Revolution Safes - Upgraded Protection

17. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Their hours are kind of limited: closed at 5pm weekdays and not open on weekends. However, we just started carrying them as a distributor in my shop in Vancouver, and we're open 7 days/week.

Southwest Washington Surplus:
    2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd

18. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

After research and finding out its made in CHINA! I went the the Liberty Outlet in hubbard oregon and saw a ton of them on display.... Asked if they ever get a scratched one or some type of blem in? And found that ya can get any model in a blem condition, cheaper for the factory to discount that rework so kurt and lane showed me a Fatboy blem ... Small paint blem that had to be point out. Also most 1/3 off the price, BOUGHT IT ON THE SPOT !

SCREW CHINA!!!!!!

19. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Look at sturdy safes. Fantastic company. Made in the Fresno CA with US steel. Great quality and price. If/when you order, do it over the phone. My price quote online was a couple hundred higher than when I called to place the order.
    Sturdysafe.com
    Also check out their YouTube torture tests.

20. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I cant say enough good things about Tracker Safe's customer service. I have a 2 year old model T36 and recently purchased a SecuRAM Safelogic Extreme lock with installation from Tracker at an amazing price. Zach did the install without issue and I could not be happier. I will definitely be a return customer for accessories and eventually an additional safe.