JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1605711233111.png

We never were low on TP after the first rush. But I did give thought to one of these ^. But a small voice in my mind asks, "What might be one of the warmest and most sensitive parts of my body?" I don't see any way using straight tap water from, in my case the crawl space, isn't going to be a hellava shock? :s0001:

There really should be an increased market for bidets anyway. In my current house, the toilet in the master sits in it's own WC with no outlets; I could call an electrician to run power to it, I reckon, but it hasn't been a priority. When I eventually build on my little bit of land over on the coast, there *will* be power to the crapper AND there will be a butt washer.

I was always skeptical of those until '06 in Tokyo. Made me a believer. Amen.

Saw some posts in different threads here alluding to TP emptying out over on the West side. I thought that was silly. I looked at my supply and I was down to my comfort level of one bulk pack in reserve and 50% of an open bulk pack, so probably 6 months worth at least. I last bought TP in April.

Headed to town for a haircut and supplies and my girlfriend texted me and said the Walmart in Pullman was totally out of TP and that I should probably get some in Idaho if I see it. WTF??

I stopped at a Rosauer's grocery store and they had my preferred brand in bulk packs, so I bought one. It was about $3 more than at Walmart, but I figured I should grab some just in case. They had plenty and their shelves were full. Now I feel silly for worrying, but at least now I am set for a year.

I then got my haircut, stopped to see the grandkids, then went to Walmart for batteries and groceries.

It was packed, with lines at every check stand, the familiar look of panic on many shopper's faces.

I made my way back to the TP section and....

View attachment 778540

Here we go again...

They probably moved it to the backroom for price markups, whatever the employees don't sneak out the back door will be available again for double:D

Saw this thread so when I went to Fred Meyer to pickup a prescription I checked the TP aisle: bare shelves. Stopped at Winco on the way home for some to-go sushi and they had TP on pallets partially intruding into the aisle. Guess they didn't want to keep refilling the shelves by hand.:rolleyes:

Im just going to say, If you have running water you dont need tp... The hells wrong with everyone...

Yeah.....I've seen these all over VN and Thailand.
Bum-gun-tiolet-hose-Thailand.jpg
Sometimes in conjunction with a "Traditional Toilet and sometimes with a Western Toilet" beside it. It's called a "bung gun" over there.

OR

The Traditional Pillipino way.....

Aloha, Mark

yah, ok.... I could do that

Personally (when traveling SE Asia).....
I bring my own supply of TP and wet wipes (also hand sanitizer).
Though sometimes.....flushing the paper is forbidden.
Rrrrrright......the "dust bin/trash can" is there in the stall/facility for that reason.
Don't worry.......they empty it often.

Aloha, Mark

I have seen those non-western toilets when I have traveled to Singapore and Malaysia as well. Typically they have both the western toilets and a few of the non-western ones. We traveled to Malaysia via the Singapore causeway by bus.

Kind of pain since I had the leave Singapore and fill out the form for Malaysia. Then coming back into to Singapore I had fill out the Singapore form again.

Im just going to say, If you have running water you dont need tp... The hells wrong with everyone...
About this time every year, the broadleaf maples produce 100% renewable TP. When I rake the pile up, I scan carefully for any nettles.

Although I do like Amazon's guarantee:
"If you're not completely satisfied, we'll refund the full amount of your purchase. No returns necessary."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top