JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, well my T-100's clutch stopped working on Friday morning in the middle of driving to work. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I am fairly intelligent and I've fixed several things on my old pickup. I picked up a new master and slave cylinder and went about replacing them today. I got everything installed, but I am having a hell of a time getting the system back up and running. for some reason when assembled with the bleeder valve on the slave open I get no flow. When I pull the tube off the slave however, I get flow down. The slave is obviously not accepting fluid for some reason. I was hoping if anyone in the Tanasbourne area is knowledgeable about fixing this issue might be able to take a look at it for me. I could throw in a case of beer and some pizza. Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

You need to bleed it like the brakes. Pump...hold...pump...hold.... to get the air out of the slave much like a wheel cylinder. Need someone to work the pedal and one to work the bleeder.

Edit: If this is still not working make sure that the new (if supplied) and old master push rod are the same length. Sometimes it's a better idea to use the factory one if it is still in decent shape (believe it takes a snap ring plier to remove on a Toyota). Just need to make sure you are getting enough pedal stroke to actuate the slave and adjust for personal preference of pedal play.

Last Edited:
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder? Try a vacuum bleeder? If it helps, here's a short article about using a pressure bleeder to bleed brakes alone, the procedure should be the same for your master/slave cylinders.

<broken link removed>

Before you go with the pressure plate verify the parts given to you are the correct ones. Have you checked new against old in rod lengths, cyl. bores, etc.

What exactly is it doing or not doing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top