JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a real toy, but a real shotgun.jpg "The next time you see or read a headline bashing police for shooting someone with a "Toy" or "Replica" gun, remember this picture. Indianapolis PD confiscated this "Toy" water gun during an arrest, after they realized that the suspect has hidden a Mossberg 12GA shotgun inside it, and it was a fully functioning weapon disguised to fool police. The threat is real, all day, everyday. Still want to come to work with us and show us how "Wrong" we're doing our jobs?! People are constantly trying to find better ways to kill us, so come on!"

Edit: I added quotes to the above text, I had received the above as a e-mail. I am not the author and I should have made that known when I originally posted. I am not in Law Enforcement. I am 100% retired. I apologize for any misconception I caused.

Last Edited:
So Snopes says its mostly false because they can't verify it? Or just because it was brought up for a second time in 2014, where it was originally found in 2012?
Snopes is always going to bend to the left.

What is interesting about the Snopes article is that they say there is no documented evidence that links the above photo to any law enforcement origin, so the claim is mostly false, and then they show another photo of a "super soaker gun" from Fresno which was a legitimate seizure from police.

It doesn't really matter to me if the above photo came from a police incident or not, what matters to me is the fact that you can actually conceal an entire firearm within children's toy guns and that it has actually happened.

Pandaz3, in the words of Gen James Mattis, I hope while on duty you "be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." That is really the only way to ensure you go home to your family at the end of your shift. And thanks for doing what most people don't have the grit to do.

Oopso! I am not a LEO! I just copied a email I received and did not give it the credit I deserved. My son is a Lawman, and has been for nearly 20 years, but not me. I did serve in Infantry and Aviation in Vietnam. Three and a half years worth from 65 to 72, I did go to Desert Storm. Other than that I have done little,

I apologize for the mistake, I did not mean to infer that I was a LEO. I posted before I was really ready. I will go edit the original post now.

I would not call that very little Sir.
Thank you for your service.
And I apologize for the hippies.

I didn't mean to dismiss the threat by posting the snopes link, but there's truth and there's "truth"
There is real and verifiable threats to LEOs like this. Hell even just sitting in your squad car gets you killed when you put on a badge.
They don't make enough money or get enough respect in my opinion.

Not many people in society could or would be in there shoes for even a day.
They have my respect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top