JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have the Libtards lost their minds????

Calif. elementary school offers toy gun buyback - Washington Times

Children at a California elementary school were able to turn in their toy guns for books and raffle tickets on Saturday.

School Principal Charles Hill, who came up with “Strobridge Elementary Safety Day,” said toy guns teach kids to not take real guns seriously, San Jose Mercury News reported.

“Playing with toys guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” Mr. Hill said.

At the event, a Hayward police officer demonstrated bicycle and gun safety. Fingerprinting and photographing of children was also offered, with the information put on CDs for parents to use in a missing child case, Mercury News reported. All children who turned in a toy gun received a book and a chance to win one of four bicycles.

But some gun advocates question the effectiveness of such a program.

“Having a group of children playing cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians is a normal part of growing up,” Yih-Chau Chang, the spokesman for Responsible Citizens of California, told Mercury News. “While the intentions are obviously good on the part of the school administration, this doesn’t really educate children about guns or gun safety. Guns are used in crimes, but they are more often used in defensive ways which prevent violent crime from occurring in the first place.”

"Playing with toys guns, saying ‘I'm going to shoot you,' desensitizes them, so as they get older, it's easier for them to use a real gun," Mr. Hill said.

This is absolute stupidity. So every person who grew up, like I did, playing with toy guns (realistic looking ones to boot) are all crazed murderers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top