JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This information was passed onto me to share with others in/near the Tualitin area.

Townhalls can be a place to challenge/praise politicians where they cannot just send you away. Or expose them for how uneducated they might be on a subject. Rumor is that Ceasefire may be in attendance, no doubt spreading white-lies, hysterical stereotypes of gun owners, and just general fear mongering. Help spread the news.

nc_oc=AQm_vHbkbzgZnpXfEbFYcFBQqPkoQ7FR5VjaOSP--ImOf2KVb2T5S48mliRH1jtzkM0&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.png

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Ave
Tualatin, OR 97062

Count me (the non-stereotypical gun-owner ;)) in.

This is right next to Cabela's, and down the street from Threat Dynamics and Tri County Gun Club. It would be good to have at least a few pro-rights people in the audience to give some good ole (verbal) "Oregon Push Back", in case the anti-rights people start getting all "gun-control" giddy.

Last Edited:
Here's my summary of the town hall with regard to firearm legislation. I personally did not ask any questions, but wanted to be there to counter any anti-gun statements, had they'd been made.

Questions were to be written on index cards and were turned-in at the beginning of the session. The questions were then read by an assistant and answered by the representatives.

It was a very small group of people, maybe thirty in total, three of which were wearing red "Everytown for Gun Confiscation" shirts. These three individuals did not make any comments, nor do I believe that they stayed and chatted with the representatives after the town hall was over. Other than myself, and as far as I could tell, there was only one other pro-2A attendee in the audience.

The first question asked was about the representatives' plans for gun legislation for the upcoming short 2020 session. Each of the three answered the question, and the only thing that they said they would be interested in seeing was a gun-lockup bill. Rep. Prusak mentioned in this context that her husband is a gun owner. Of course it is possible that they have bigger plans.

Another question was asked as to why schools don't teach gun safety. They responded that this was more of interest in eastern Oregon, even claiming, if I understood it correctly, that some schools apparently have shooting ranges. They said this topic is felt to be of less interest in urban areas. Also, the school curriculum is so full already that it would be difficult to fit in yet another topic.

The republican walkout was discussed, and it was stated that next time they would send the sheriffs after the absentees.

I did not get the impression that any of these three representatives was strongly interested in discussing gun legislation. They gave minimal, sober answers to the posed questions, compared to more eloquent answers when discussing other topics (which I shall avoid mentioning here). I think we can thank everyone who participated in the gun-legislation "Push Back" this session - writing letters, showing up for testimony at the capital, participating in the Radian rally - for this.

Last Edited:
The republican walkout was discussed, and it was stated that next time they would send the sheriffs after the absentees.

That would be interesting depending on the county. If the sheriffs did not comply, then what? Send those members to jail? Where they could vote if they wanted. Circle of political life I suppose. You won't vote so I'll arrest you so you can't vote.

They don't have to vote, they merely have to be present so there's a quorum. They would also send state troopers out looking for them, not the sheriffs, as the sheriffs could tell them to pound sand.

Some democrat politicians walked out and hid a while back in another state because they didn't have the numbers to stop legislation the republican majority wanted to pass, but couldn't proceed due to lack of a quorum.

What comes around goes around.

Too bad we didn't have a crowd there wearing shirts with pro 2A messages. It would have been a great opportunity to make an impression. Our lack of attendance is where we (myself included) literally shoot ourselves in the foot. Politicians gauge the wind direction by numbers and dollars. Thank you @DivCurlGrad72 for representing us. We really need a large presence at every town hall and sorry we ignored this opportunity. At a small event like this if even ten of us had shown it would have made an impression.

Out of curiosity how did "Every Clown for Disarming the Victim" identify themselves? Every time I've been at a meeting where they showed up they were always seated at the front and formally recognized by the rats running the show. I guess Bloombux has it's privileges. I'm just curious - did they have or wear anything that identified them?

Last Edited:
Out of curiosity how did "Every Clown for Disarming the Victim" identify themselves? Every time I've been at a meeting where they showed up they were always seated at the front and formally recognized by the rats running the show. I guess Bloombux has it's privileges. I'm just curious - did they have or wear anything that identified them?
They weren't seated near the front, and I don't believe they received any special recognition. As I mentioned above, they were wearing the standard red T-shirt.

I hope they were nervous and wetting themselves... like a good Government servant should be doing. o_O
From The American ideal of 1776:
7. All public officials are subordinate as public servants to all citizens. Under the American philosophy of Man-over-Government, the American heritage assumes that the most modestly circumstanced Individuals among the sovereign people rank higher than any public officials, even those serving as the highest ranking of public servants.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top