JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good article by Kurt Schlichter discussing why people won't help others in their time of need.

There's always an uproar when we see Asian-Americans being beaten to a pulp or murdered on video and the people around them just stare instead of intervene. But why are we surprised? They are just doing exactly what society has told them to do. It's not necessarily cowardice. They are making an entirely rational choice based on our society's unequivocal message that we should stand back and watch.

If we, as a society, want to have people leap into the fray, and I would like that, then we need to do the things that make it a rational choice to do so instead of one that might very well bring ruin, imprisonment, injury, or death.

It's true. The hard part is, I know my nature is to jump in and help. I've seen me do it. You don't even know what's happening until you're already in the thick of someone else's problem. And I have to remind myself not to do that because I'm afraid I'll be financially ruined for another's betterment. It's like that rape scene from the book of Eli. It's not your fight and it's sad it has to be that way

Something to consider about intervening is....
You may not actually know just who the aggressor is or the cause of the conflict.
These two unknowns , can make a huge difference in your outcome.

Please note that I am not saying that one should never intervene.
I am saying that you should be aware that you are now willfully placing yourself into a dangerous situation that is not of your making.
As well as putting yourself into a situation where what appears to be one thing , may actually be quite different.

When in a stressful situation , the mind often "sees" what it wants to see and not what is actually happening.
Andy

I'm not all that surprised it happens, especially in big cities that experienced rioting ...
.... after months of Police Departments being told to stand around and "let things play out", the general population is doing that more frequently too.

In this particular case, when two minorities are involved and one is considered a "protected" class, the fear of reprisal by looting, burning mobs of Woke activists screaming, "remember Whozit", would be real concern. It may have been a reasonable reaction in today's world.

I don't like it, but here we seem to be .

Lyrics

We are getting low
We are getting slow
The generations are colliding with chemicals
The dope is taking over
While you drown in chemicals
While you are losing control
Are you on the blink again?
Dope for the masses to make them passive
Dope for the masses keep them passive
Get me out
Get me down