JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward was a sponsor of, among others, HB 3265 Magazine Ban and HB 3223 Assault Weapon Ban.

Town hall on July 8th, from 6:00-7:00p at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in the Souther Auditorium (9155 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR 97225), located directly inside the East Pavilion lobby.

From her recent newsletter:
Overall, the end result of an incredibly contentious session is a long list of new laws that focus on bettering the lives of Oregonians. However, not all bills made it through the process (approximately ⅔ of the bills introduced fail to cross the finish line each session), and there are several I look forward to bringing back in future sessions.

Many of you have reached out expressing your frustration with the Senate Republican walkouts. I share this frustration with you. Twice this session the Senate Republicans walked out and brought the Senate to a standstill. The first time ended with Governor Brown bargaining away a bill regarding vaccines bill and another regarding firearm safety in order to gain a quorum to pass the Student Success Act. While it was disappointing to see these two public health and safety bills thrown out ...

Nothing special to report. Still, it's always good to be present, to counter any misinformation, for example.

SB 978 was only mentioned (as "the gun bill") in passing, otherwise there was no firearm-related discussions or questions. One woman in the audience, though, did introduce herself as belonging to, among other groups, Moms Demand Infringement. I also saw her at the end waiting in line to talk with Sen. Hayward.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads