JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Representatives Fagan and Reardon are hosting a town hall tomorrow. Let's attend and let them know about Burdick's anti-rights bill.

The Legislature begins it's next session on February 4th and we have a lot of work ahead of us.

I'm proud and honored to have been entrusted by you to work on your behalf in Salem. I will be serving as the Vice Chair of the Education Committee and will also be serving on the Energy & Environment and Agriculture & Natural Resources Committees. I'm eager to get to work.

Before we all get started, I'd like to hear about your priorities for the upcoming session. Please join me, Representative Jeff Reardon, and another representative on the Education Committee who also represents part of Happy Valley, Representative Shemia Fagan, to hear about the next session, ask questions, and tell us about what issues matter the most to you.

Saturday, January 26th at 10:00AM
Happy Valley City Hall Council Chambers
16000 SE Misty Drive
Happy Valley, OR 97086

If you have questions please contact my office at [email protected]

You can feel free to submit questions for the town hall to that e-mail as well.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for posting. I think its a great idea for locals to go down there and get some face time. Let them see the faces of their community so they know you are really out there. Otherwise they will only see the whiney gun grabbing house wives that have nothing better to do. Local guys step away from your presses for a night and represent for us.

Just a reminder, the Town Hall is tomorrow at 10:00 am!

There are only 15 people attending according to facebook. This should be an good place to voice your concerns.

Some ideas:

Stay positive. Talk about preserving your rights. Not "gun control sucks"

Appeal to emotions and universal values - persecution, self-expression, freedom of personal choice. Citing the Constitution or statistics won't persuade most people (unfortunately).

Present yourself well. Bring your kids, a female friend, or a photo of your kids to show. They already know some guys in camo resent Burdick's bill. Give them a new perspective.

One more: join Representative Tobias Read at his next Constituent Coffee.

Saturday February 2, 2013 - 8:30am - 10:00am
Ava Roasteria
4655 SW Hall Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005

<broken link removed>

And another with both Read and Senator Hass:

Senator Mark Hass and Representative Tobias Read invite residents to join them for a town hall and open forum on Thursday, February 7, starting at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers at Beaverton City Hall. They will discuss the legislative session, tell you about their priorities, and hear what you'd like accomplished by the 77th Legislature.

<broken link removed>

Congressman Schrader (D) is hosting two Town Halls in Milwaukie and Salem next week.

He is one of the few openly pro-rights Democrats. Kurt is facing intense pressure from his party to conform on Burdick's bill.

Milwaukie Town Hall Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 29th
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
5440 SE Kellogg Avenue
Milwaukie 97222

Salem Town Hall Meeting
Date: Wednesday, January 30th
585 Liberty Street SE
Salem 97301

<broken link removed>

Congressman Schrader (D) is hosting two Town Halls in Milwaukie and Salem next week.

He is one of the few openly pro-rights Democrats. Kurt is facing intense pressure from his party to conform on Burdick's bill.

Milwaukie Town Hall Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 29th
5440 SE Kellogg Avenue
Milwaukie 97222

Salem Town Hall Meeting
Date: Wednesday, January 30th
585 Liberty Street SE
Salem 97301

<broken link removed>

Oh horse pucky. Schrader just won relection by 11 points and despite all the propaganda from both sides (like Jack Roberts, GOP quisling) he's not even close to being a "blue dog" democrat. He's voted in lock step with dems on the major stuff the whole time he's been in office. After the Arizona shooting in 2011 he blamed it all on "violent right wing rhetoric", quoted in the statesman journal.

His seat is safe until he decides to retire now. The GOP didn't even try to run against him.

Two more Town Halls coming up this weekend near Hillsboro:

This is a coffee talk with Rep Ben Unger.

I went to one of the events with Rep. Unger. I've been emailing him, but until this weekend he never gave me a straight answer. He finally answered in person and unfortunately he supports Burdick's magazine ban.

Rep. Unger himself was perfectly cordial and polite, the crowd was even fairly evenly split on the topic, unfortunately the the pro-side was rather muted. But be forewarned, the anti's were every bit as vile in person as they are on the internet. I had a difficult time finishing sentences without being interrupted, there were plenty of personal insults hurled my way, I was told I needed to be a veteran to have rights, that I was a murderer, and one lady even had the nerve to bring my kids into it in a way that shocked me so much I don't feel like I can repeat it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top