Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Town Hall (Corvallis/Albany/Philomath)

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dyjital, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Saturday May 2nd there is a town hall meeting scheduled at the Corvallis Public Library from 10:00-12:00

http://evanced.info/corvallis/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=32641&rts&disptype=info&ret=eventcalendar.asp&pointer&returnToSearch&SignupType&num=0&ad&dt=mo&mo=5/1/2015&df=calendar&EventType=ALL&Lib=0&AgeGroup&LangType=0&WindowMode&noheader&lad&pub=1&nopub&page&pgdisp

Looks like All 4 Legislators will participate: Gelser, Rayfield, Nearman, and Olson

@Qaolin I know you are on the Democrat side, maybe you want to attend as well.
    I believe @bnsaibum and a few of his buddies may be there.
    Possibly @acp as well (you better be there man)
    I'll be there, I have some others as well who should be arriving who aren't on this board.

We need to step up the pressure.

Here is the propaganda Dan Rayfield is spewing forth as the Gospel:
    http://everytown.org/documents/2015/04/or-no-questions-asked.pdf

Omission of information is just as bad as lying about the information. The truth when not the whole truth is still a lie.

Spread the word if you can.

Side note:
    This is put on by the "League of Women Voters" so if you have an outspoken wife, she should attend as well. You know they will spin it as a man vs woman issue if guys show up in droves without the fembots as well.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    bnsaibum likes this.
  2. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One bit of good news for this meeting: According to the web site, Former Oregon Senator Frank Morse will be the moderator. Morse is Republican and has an A+ rating from the NRA.

Dyjital and tiggers97 like this.
  3. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

I'm on break now, but here are some high-points you might be able to get out of this:

In Oregon, there are 49% fewer officers killed by guns than in states with background states. This is per Everytowns own analysis. Look at the "states with background checks" on page 1 (35.4), and then Oregon's on the 2nd page (17.9). In fact, there are about 9 states safer without background checks.

Or this chart here you can use showing the Brady Campaign score (more gun laws=higher score. NOT if they are effective). How come so many states that are 'failing' gun-control are so much safer?
    https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/sb-941-now-in-house-committee.195259/page-14#post-1263005

Or this post here about the report above in question (Just getting warmed up on this one :)).
    https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/last-chance-light-them-up.196381/page-2#post-1263523

Also in the report, on page 5(?) they mention "77% of ways criminals get their guns without a background check", as if this study closes that. I'm familiar with the justice report they are talking about. That 77% represent straw purchase, stealing, black market, loans between gang members, etc. Things that will REMAIN untouched after SB941. The other 23% about evenly divided between... wait for it... PASSING A BACKGROUND CHECK and the last catch-all bucket in the survey of "Other/Don'tKnow/Won't Say".
    Link to results: Table 14 on page 13.

A question you could ask her is "how DO criminals get their guns in Oregon? Did anyone ask the convicts in prison? They are not going anyplace, so lets make an informed decision!"
    And to add to it, remind them a gun-store in Vermont is suing Everytown for libel after they ran a similar report there. It's why you do not see ANY direct examples of the gun-ads they placed online in the Oregon report.

And if they ask "would you knowingly sell a gun to a felon?", give them back something like "I'm just as likely as you would be to hire a pedophilia to babysit your kids". When they looked shocked that you could ask them something like that, "well, now you know how I feel about you asking me that question".

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    bnsaibum and Dyjital like this.
  4. Dyjital

Tomorrow is the day!!!!

(Well today in 32 minutes)

5. Dyjital

The divide and disconnect was sickening.

I'm uploading the video. It's taking forever. Apparently 1080P and 19 minutes worth of video is a little much for my slow bandwidth to go from iPhone to Dropbox so I can then download to computer and drop on YouTube.

Fellow NWFA'er asking the question. He nailed the question and the responses they gave did not warrant follow ups.

Representative Rayfield was long winded and cited a biased report while the closest person to an actual expert on criminal behavior (Rep Olson- 29 years Law Enforcement) gave it a 10 on stupidity (my words not his).

The disconnect between the political elite and us Peons was evident.

spookshack and Qaolin like this.
  6. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

I'm looking forward to the video. Sorry I couldn't make it down.

Dyjital likes this.
  7. Dyjital

Note: I was behind the camera. If the person who asked the questions wants to identify the self they can do so.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    rick and Qaolin like this.
  8. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

Thanks for posting, Dyjital. Great questions.

If Rayfield thinks an exception for CHL is a "good idea" and something "...(he) will continue to work on." then why did he shoot down the amendment in committee because "...it would gut the bill"?

Dyjital and tiggers97 like this.
  9. GUNARCHER

GUNARCHER Well-Known Member

Because it;'s easier to lie to a small town hall meeting than to go on official record and buck Prozanski/Burdick/ Bloomberg bosses

10. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Can you people spell democrat?? . . . L---I---A---R!!!!

Sheldon

11. Dyjital

Exactly.

Two faced. The "appease the individual" is different than appeasing your party.

12. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

From the video: at 5:50 time mark: If you 'wheel and deal' in the parking lot of a gun-show without a background check in Oregon, you will be arrested by the OSP for breaking the law!

Dyjital and Qaolin like this.
  13. Dyjital

Yeah I was shaking my head about that one too....

14. Stickjockey

Stickjockey Corvallis, OR Member 2015 Volunteer

The gentleman who asked the question is our own bnsaibum; he'll probably be along to give a report presently. That was one of a list of questions we discussed the previous night.

Dyjital likes this.
  15. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

frank morse was one of the first to circumvent the voters when he was in the senate. A plus schmay plus, he is a commie POS.

16. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Senator Gelser did follow up and sent this:
    Hmmm...

Whatever could it mean that the OSP can "immediately address" denials in "some cases" without involving local agencies? ~

I have requested more info on this.