JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My understanding is this is exactly what they are doing. I think this is probably a good thing, since it's against the law for domestic abusers to possess firearms, but a lot of them ignore the judge's orders to relinquish. My daughter, who is an attorney in NM, says this is a big problem with domestic violence; she deals with it nearly every day.

I'm all for proper enforcement of existing laws before making any new ones, and that appears to be just what this is about. It's not often that I praise Seattle or King County these days, but this looks like a good thing to me.
Sigma, I agree. I'm all for responsible people owning guns, but those who use them to terrorize, abused, or kill the innocent absolutely should not have them. I would just want to make sure that there was due process involved.

And here in lies the heart of the matter, DUE PROSESS! It's awefull darn easy to abuse this and good innocents can and WILL loose their rights, same as the no fly list, you are likely to never get satisfaction against an omnipresent gooberment overreach in the name of "Gun Safety" so grabs yer anckles and kiss their rights good by! Sorry fellas, but the gooberment effed up, as it always does, and the sheeple keep buying into the let's make a law to fix this, cause we all know that ALWAYS works, RIGHT! Let's back off the gun control rant and fix the problems of mental health! Let's not go off half cocked Colt and ramrod new overreaching goose steeping jackbooted laws, let's take a deep cleaning breath and focused on the REAL problems, and here's a hint, it ain't about guns!:mad::mad::mad:

... The vast majority of abusive spouses are men. That's a fact. Put it in a pie and the abusive wife slice wouldn't amount to enough to justify the whipping cream. J...

First off, I agree with your point that enforcing existing laws is a good thing. However, the best statistics on the subject of spousal abuse are:

1 in 3 women will be abused by a partner, 1 in 4 men will be abused by a partner. 1 in 4 women will be victims of severe abuse, and 1 in 7 men: Statistics - The National Domestic Violence Hotline

That's not mere whipping cream, it's an actual problem, as is the societal response to men who are abused, which is generally to ignore or belittle them. And it is true that it is usually the dude who gets arrested no matter what, so reporting the issue to the police is problematic, and responding in kind to a female abuser is likely to make things worse.

My personal anecdote -- I was once in a relationship with a crazy B. One night she was mad at me for some random thing and started choking me. At first I was thinking it was some stupid joke and just stood there sort of shocked, but by the time I realized it was a serious thing, I was already getting woozy and uncoordinated. I still hadn't responded physically when she relented, but it's something I remember quite clearly to this day (along with punch to my face that made me see stars (literally) a different time, and a butcher knife waving/ranting incident that scared two of my friends to such a degree they never came over to my place again while I lived with her). Anyway, these situations are difficult to handle in the instant if you are a male because there is zero support in the legal or services community, and little understanding generally.

This is sort of an interesting video out of the UK demonstrating the way the general public excuses partner abuse when the abuser is a woman:

How does Seattle compare to Chicago?
in terms of violence, gun violence, gun deaths, and killing of civilians by cops?
Maybe it's just me but I think that Seattle kind of wins in terms of snowflakes, hipsters, do-gooders, NIMBY's, and feminized male culture, with Portland right behind them. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...pbbffftttt...)
I love the pastel colored police vehicles. Poor cops.

Yeah, I got beat up by a girl once.

The whole time I'm thinking "Never hit a girl!". The next thing I knew I had a black eye.

My dad got a kick out of hearing me tell him what happened. He knew the girl - their family were neighbors, and he told me not to worry about that rule because she wasn't much of a girl.

So I guess that puts me in the one out of four category.

Also, my wife steals my french fries at McD's. Does that count?

I have been thinking about the State of Washington (where I grew up) lately partially because of the conversation I recently had on the AR15 pistol thread. I am the most optimistic person there is but I think you guys have just let things go too far. I spent over 20,000 in campaign donations last year for candidates that support my ideals. I make good money and can afford it, but what have each of you done? ( how many of you didn't even vote or learn who you were voting for?) Cash is king in politics but there are other ways to support the good guys. Volunteer, show up to meetings and rally's for the good guys. I am coming to the conclusion that you guys in Washington and Oregon are very close to become one huge block aligned with California. It seems to me that you guys have let it get totally out of control and there is probably no opportunity for redemption. I can see the next 20 years you becoming like pre war Germany and England where most shooting was done in clubs where your guns were stored and you couldn't take them home. You will probably be able to sign out a hunting rifle for a weekend hunt if you qualify, can get a permit and tell them where you are going. It is probably too late to stop the light speed changes that are coming to your doorstep but everyone has to get involved any way they can to resist and turnout the lawmakers responsible. Liberals are cowards by nature, it may be too late but if they are confronted by a determined front you just might overturn or slow the current trend.

Last Edited:
:s0146:

There are more than a few of us here in Washington that pull our weight in attempting to foil the anti-gun zealots evil domination. With Bloombergs money flowing freely unopposed through the legislatures (Wa & Or) we cannot compete to buy off legislators.
IMHO there are a few things we can do, one is root out corruption (really dig deep to find bribery & collusion), get 2A people involved or revolt.
I spend a lot of time emailing & texting my reps ((all D's)can't communicate talking on phones) and in Olympia at the gun haters ball (anti-gun committee meetings).
I also know there are many others supposedly on the 2A side that will not get off the couch to pull their weight to oppose theses unconstitutional laws. This is where we need to place our motivation, light fired and get in the game.

:s0137:

I agree CavemanJim, and I thank you for your efforts! My question to you, and every one else, what can we do? How do we dig out these blood sucking ticks, and stomp them into the pavement? We do t have the money, we dont have the numbers, and we don' have cohesion, so what do you ( and every one else) propose?

I' not calling you out Jim, I'm making the point that you are the rare exception who is actively taking these bubblegummers to task, and I would encourage every one to get onboard to help out!

Personally, I think We need to demand public hearings where these bubblegummers HAVE to attend, and we need to take them to task! The normal methods of attending meetings that they call, or hearings on their terms is loaded, and stacked against us! My idea of making THEM sit down and actually list to US on our terms and our time will likely be the only way to force them to answer to us, and to hold them accountable for their actions and policy!!! Let' take this to the State capitals and get those bubblegummers out, then work on the rest of them! Start by holding a copy of STATE constitutions, and demand adherence to!!!!

:s0146:

There are more than a few of us here in Washington that pull our weight in attempting to foil the anti-gun zealots evil domination. With Bloombergs money flowing freely unopposed through the legislatures (Wa & Or) we cannot compete to buy off legislators.
IMHO there are a few things we can do, one is root out corruption (really dig deep to find bribery & collusion), get 2A people involved or revolt.
I spend a lot of time emailing & texting my reps ((all D's)can't communicate talking on phones) and in Olympia at the gun haters ball (anti-gun committee meetings).
I also know there are many others supposedly on the 2A side that will not get off the couch to pull their weight to oppose theses unconstitutional laws. This is where we need to place our motivation, light fired and get in the game.

:s0137:
That is an easy place to go in a persons mind.......but Bloomberg's money is nothing compared to the available cash that can be mobilized if a well organized group would get together. A few billon dollars couldn't even buy a couple of neighborhoods in Seattle. There are hundreds (thousands?) of million dollar estates there. You have to get better at identifying the weak links in the leftist political chain and concentrate enough resourses to make them brake, one link at a time. If your legislature can be bought by a few million dollars, you have to up the ante. There is no individual that can compete with a mass of determined people united for a single goal. You will never win if you don't learn that. One sniper can (and has) change the course of a battle. You have to find the right bullet (cash?) and operator(s) to properly apply it. No one says it is easy, but few things worthwhile are. The NRA does a fair job on the national stage, you guys have to create an effective group focused on Washington and Oregon. It is time for you to make the lefties feel helpless like they have done you for the last few decades.

This also needs a strong leader who can pass any challenge to his/ her reputation and hit the ground running. Needs a full support staff to keep things one step ahead of the other side, and use every tactic to get in front and stay there! That Gall who was so outspoken during the Burns standoff would be unshakeable, and a person like Sheriff Clay Aken would be unbeatble! Really tip the challenge of power to our favor, and once you have that, the money will follow! It' time to use U.S. ARMY special forces tactics! Make the other side spend money on useless fights while we press forward with all the advantages! Make them toss the alsinky rules out the window!:)

Last Edited:
This also needs a strong leader who can pass any challenge to his/ her reputation and hit the ground running. Needs a full support staff to keep things one step ahead of the other side, and use every tactic to get in front and stay there! That call who was so outspoken during the Burns standoff would be unshakeable, and a person like Sheriff Clay Aken would be unbeatble! Really tip to challenge of power to our favor, and once you have that, the money will follow! It' time to use U.S. ARMY special forces tactics! Make the other side spend money on useless fights while we press forward with all the advantages! Make them toss the alsinky rules out the window!:)
We started that when we elected Trump and have continued the trend with subsequent congressional elections. The left have been spending 2,3, or 5X to one and loosing. This is not the time to become complacent and loosen grasp but to continue tightening the noose. We all fight many battles in life, compared to something like cancer or divorce, this one should be easy. A group of patriots united against a bunch of cowardly drug abusing felons is a no brainer if well organized. So choose your leaders and get going.......I am in for 5,000..........to help you get started.

I have been thinking about the State of Washington (where I grew up) lately partially because of the conversation I recently had on the AR15 pistol thread. I am the most optimistic person there is but I think you guys have just let things go too far. I spent over 20,000 in campaign donations last year for candidates that support my ideals. I make good money and can afford it, but what have each of you done? ( how many of you didn't even vote or learn who you were voting for?) Cash is king in politics but there are other ways to support the good guys. Volunteer, show up to meetings and rally's for the good guys. I am coming to the conclusion that you guys in Washington and Oregon are very close to become one huge block aligned with California. It seems to me that you guys have let it get totally out of control and there is probably no opportunity for redemption. I can see the next 20 years you becoming like pre war Germany and England where most shooting was done in clubs where your guns were stored and you couldn't take them home. You will probably be able to sign out a hunting rifle for a weekend hunt if you qualify, can get a permit and tell them where you are going. It is probably too late to stop the light speed changes that are coming to your doorstep but everyone has to get involved any way they can to resist and turnout the lawmakers responsible. Liberals are cowards by nature, it may be too late but if they are confronted by a determined front you just might overturn or slow the current trend.
Bhahahaha. Your funny. Good for your and your money, and feeling you have sway because you donated 20k bhahaha.

Interesting article on the subject:
Seattle Times' bizarre, dishonest anti-gun crusade

The facts are Texas has a different culture then Washington, especially the gun culture. If Texas isnt passing new Anti-Gun legislation why should Washington, a smaller state with fewer guns. Its all a political hysteria agenda, they are looking to feed their political careers off the hysteria involved with a mass shooting half the country away, shame on those Washington politicians and LEOs standing behind the gesture, with there hand out waiting for extra funding to kicking doors. When will people realize more laws arent going to fix America?

..those who use them to terrorize, abused, or kill the innocent absolutely should not have them. I would just want to make sure that there was due process involved.

Due process to the above is a bullet to the head or a hangman's rope. We bring that swift due process back and you'd be amazed how fast that crime rate drops..

If I had a million dollars to throw at the 2a issue, I wouldn't give a dime to a politician. I'd spend it all on savvy 2a lawyers to selectively attack the anti-2a laws and local regulations, where the person/circumstances provided the best possible arguments, before a court that wasn't already packed with anti-2a judges.

Bloomberg, Soros, et al aren't pushing these politicians and referendums in Wyoming, they are pushing them in liberal localities where their research says the odds are already in their favor. And since any court ruling that overturns an anti-2a law or regulation will be appealed, 2a organizations that litigate are most effective spending their limited time and money on cases with the highest potential for a favorable ruling, and an appeal track before more conservative courts. Ultimately, the most important cases will be appealed to the Supreme Court, where a favorable ruling would have the biggest long-term impact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top