Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

"Tough Guy" takes on Super Hero... Bad idea

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Navman, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Navman

Navman Canby Oregon Active Member

SonicBlue03 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Phoenix Jones plays a perilous game...one he is eventually going to lose.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Phoenix Jones is a good dude (e-talked to him a few years ago), and a pretty good mixed martial arts fighter. Look up Ben Fodor and you'll find a couple of his fights on YouTube. You can also find his fight record out on Sherdog (one of the very few times I'd ever recommend anyone go to that site.)

4. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

White-trash troglodites.

Keith

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

"He called quits bro!" :rofl1:

He should have shut his mouth and walked away when he had the chance.

6. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

Its crazy how those guys just left their friend KO'd on the sidewalk.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

7. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

If I had a friend that was acting the way fat boy was, I'd leave him to get KO'ed too.

8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A reporter once asked Muhammad Ali what he would do if someone picked a fight with him while he was out in public.
    His response was "I would run like hell".
    The reporter was surprised by this answer and said "You are the heavy weight champion of the world, and could take any man in a fight".
    Ali's answer was "Any man picking a fight with me has to be crazy, and you don't want to fight a crazy man. he could kill you".

9. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

He called quits bro!

He just watched his buddy getting quickly murdered, and he wants to queue up to be the next victim?

He MUST be an undergrad in something useful, like sports marketing.

10. Navman

Navman Canby Oregon Active Member

I kinda wish Phoneix would have had a go at the other street thug that took his shirt off spoiling for a fight

Double dose of arse whippin' in one night :thumbup:

Getting to the point one has to think twice about taking your Wife out and get cornered by these dirt bags on a Saturday night

Like him or not, I'd be the first to be welcome Phoenix on the scene :thankyou:

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I see no problem with guys wanting to walk around at night and spoil any wrong doings by opportunists even if they're into cos-play
    I'd totally support people like that as long as it didn't go to their heads. I may even trust them more than LEO's as well.

I really wish he would have faught that punk who took off his shirt, the guy who took off his shirt would have got his behind beat, he couldn't have been more than 150lbs. I've known guys like that..

They revert to the guys they were in high school.. these psuedo tough guys get an ounce of hard-A in them and they want to fight the world. They assume that backing down is a sign of weakness so they'll fight someone twice or a few twice their size..or even a lamp.. when really it'll just get them killed or thrown in jail.

12. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old John Cougar Mellencamp song... Cherry bomb. :banana:

"The winter days they last forever
    But the weekends went by so quick
    Went ridin' around this little country town
    We were goin' nuts, girl, out in the sticks
    One night, me with my big mouth
    A couple guys had to put me in my place
    When I see those guys these days
    We just laugh and say do you remember when

That's when a sport was a sport
    And groovin' was groovin'
    And dancin' meant everything
    We were young and we were improvin'
    Laughin', laughin' with our friends..."

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee said the most dangerous attacker was a crazy man

I am fully trained in the modern version of his concepts, and if I face a crazy man in mortal combat he will lose his vision and the integrity of many of his bone structures. Those trained in mere sport arts are in big trouble in this case

14. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

[video=youtube;-YfXvGYexts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YfXvGYexts[/video]

15. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

Is Oregon a mutual combat state?

16. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

I only fight people my size or bigger, and usually if statistically there is a low chance I will win. You can't improve your skills if you don't press your limits. Losing is winning if you manage to walk away from a beating handed out by a guy twice your size anyways. On to note though, Phoenix would have probably destroyed that guy. When he started hopping around I was like, oh wow, I think this guy may regret messing with someone who has a little Thai training.

17. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

That's fine and dandy for some folks, but myself.. being a bigger guy, I ALWAYS get tiny guys with a napoleon complex after they toss a few back coming up to me. Its incredibly annoying when I'm drinking with buddies or out with my woman and a tiny guy will come up and want to prove something.
    Don't get me wrong there are key things I won't let slide and I'll retaliate.. but being a co-business owner.. I really cannot justify getting into a fight just to prove I'm a "tough" guy. I know what I can do, I also know my weaknesses.. but mainly.. I've got to run a business the next day.. I don't have time to go to court or jail over some stupid brawl I could have just walked away from. Thats what I mean by not wanting to fight anyone.

Only young bucks and people with nothing to lose want to start a fight from nothing to prove something.. to whom? I'm not sure..
    But I've got enough at stake in my life (business and family) that I cannot afford to entertain some small guys idea of bar glory.
    Now if fighting in MMA or boxing was something I did as a hobby then yes by all means in the ring I'd try to take on someone my size or larger.. but again.. my business keeps me too busy and out of that.

Sincere and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

All the little guys with Napoleon complex that I know are in positions of authority they abuse. I really truly wish they would knock a few back and ask for it. Though I get your point. It would be tiring to be a magnet for "trouble". I know it is tiring being a "chaos" magnet... I see the worst in people, and have no problem letting them know.

19. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

TRUTH!

Having a real, grown man job that involves background checks and the like has made me more responsible than just about anything else in my life.