JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys had a quick question. Do anyone of you guys have the 1911 Sig Tactical Operations with the threaded barrel? I’m thinking about picking up a pistol, I’ve narrowed my search down to 3 guns, either the Sig Tactical Operations, HK USP Tactical in .45, and lastly the Sig 229 Elite in .40. I was leaning towards the 1911, but a friend of mine who had a Sig GSR when they first came out said that he had quite a few reliability issues with his, granted this is when they first hit the market, so I’m fairly certain they’ve improved them with time. I’m just having a hard time deciding which one to get, as I said I would love to get a 1911 but I don’t want to risk getting a lemon. I would greatly appreciate any input or advice you could bestow on me. Thanks in advance!

Sig's are generally good but they have their issues. What's your intended use? You list two full size 45's with threaded barrels, then a midsize 40. I LOVE 1911's, but if you'll be using the threaded barrel at all I'd probably go with the HK. If you're wanting a new smaller carry gun go Sig.

Well the reason I was looking at the Tactical Ops/ USP Tactical I was pondering the idea of getting a can for it, granted it would be a while since those aren't exactly cheap.. The thing is, I haven't shot the Sig TacOps before, I've fired the GSR plenty and I would guess their more or less the same. I'm kinda leaning away from the HK, I was doing a bit of research last night, It just seems that accessories for the HK are a pretty penny.

The reason I threw the 229 into the mix is because I came darn close to buying a 229 Elite a while ago and since I already have a .40 it just seemed a bit easier to have multiple handguns of one caliber rather than having to stock up on .45 now as well.. Although With what you guys have said I think I'll probably go for the Sig 1911, personally I've fired quite a few different Sig models and haven't had any reliability issues, not to mention they're really well built and a solid gun..

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it!

Nothing HK is cheap, but they are nice. I love 1911's but I'd look at an SA Operator, STI Duty One or Dan Wesson over Sig. Just my preference.

If ammo commonality is a concern why not get a 1911 in 40? You would also have ammo commonality for you suppressor as well. They're much harder to find, but out there. Look at STI's offerings.

If you're thinking of getting a HK in .45 and putting a suppressor on it, skip the USP series and go for the HK45. The HK45 and HK45c both have better ergonomic features than the USP series. Also, you can buy factory threaded barrels that drop in so you're ready to go.

While I love 1911 pistols, I'm not a big fan of the 1911 with a suppressor. Some work and some don't. The design can be a bit finicky.

I had the SIG 1911 Tac Ops w/ threaded barrel. It's one phenomenal pistol. It's one no non-sense pistol with everything you need, without any of the fluff. Comes with 4 SIG mags, which looks great with the magwell.

Only complain though, and I don't know why SIG does this - with the threaded barrel, the rear sight is raised to accommodate the compressor. BUT the front sight is kept at the normal height. So when you are aiming, you have to line up with the front dot slightly lower than the rear 2 dots... If you line them up, you will shoot 2" higher at 20 feet.

Sweet- is that so if you get a flat you can fill your tires?? :)

I had the SIG 1911 Tac Ops w/ threaded barrel. It's one phenomenal pistol. It's one no non-sense pistol with everything you need, without any of the fluff. Comes with 4 SIG mags, which looks great with the magwell.

Only complain though, and I don't know why SIG does this - with the threaded barrel, the rear sight is raised to accommodate the compressor. BUT the front sight is kept at the normal height. So when you are aiming, you have to line up with the front dot slightly lower than the rear 2 dots... If you line them up, you will shoot 2" higher at 20 feet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top