JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Streams and brooks flow into rivers.

Creeks are often tidal and usually flow IN from the sea, rather than OUT from any other source of water.

Also in spoken English - 'beck' - particularly in the North of England 'Cumbrian/Northumbria - a small steam/river/brook. Also 'burn' - again, the North of England and Scotland. 'Beck' is the Anglicised 'bech' - Germanic word for stream. When I was little my Uncle Mickey, who had batted for the other side in WW2, used to sing me a little German song, 'Du bechlein, silberhelle und klar usw.....' but it makes me feel so sad that I'm not going to repeat it here.

Last Edited:
The Moon is cunningly positioned betwixt the Earth and the Sun in such a location that it exactly occludes the sun, which is why a Lunar eclipse is such a spectacular event.

Just how much of a coincidence can THAT be? :eek:

Last Edited:
The nearest star to us is currently Proxima Centauri, sister to Alpha Centauri, and although they are both 'only' 4.2 light years away, they'd take a deal of time to reach from here at present technological means.

Sooooooooooooo, just how long would it take us to reach it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 79,365 years, approximately. :eek: :(

Explanation:
Alpha Centauri A is about 4.3 light years distant. Light travels about 6 trillion miles in one year which means that star is about 25 trillion miles away. Present technology can send a spacecraft into space at about 36,000 miles an hour or about 315,000,000 miles a year. Divide 25 trillion by 315 million and you get 79,365 years.

That's way longer even than the train ride from Seattle to Klamath Falls, and I know, as I've done it.:D

The nearest star to us is currently Proxima Centauri, sister to Alpha Centauri, and although they are both 'only' 4.2 light years away, they'd take a deal of time to reach from here at present technological means.

Sooooooooooooo, just how long would it take us to reach it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 79,365 years, approximately. :eek: :(

Explanation:
Alpha Centauri A is about 4.3 light years distant. Light travels about 6 trillion miles in one year which means that star is about 25 trillion miles away. Present technology can send a spacecraft into space at about 36,000 miles an hour or about 315,000,000 miles a year. Divide 25 trillion by 315 million and you get 79,365 years.

That's way longer even than the train ride from Seattle to Klamath Falls, and I know, as I've done it.:D
You can drive to the sun in a Pinto in a week so it's closer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top