JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks in advance for the kind of common man/common woman advice I often see shared here. I looked this up on a number of internet searches and quickly got bogged down in the weeds of tech-speak, monthly subscriptions, software purchases/upgrades, security warnings, etc. NWFA seems to be frequented by pretty down to earth people of all walks, so I might as well ask here too.

Objective is to create a SIMPLE shared calendar somewhere that can be viewed and edited by various members of my extended family in Oregon and Washington.

No bells, whistles, reminders or fancy stuff needed. And no sensitive info like SSN or acct numbers. Just a basic calendar to show upcoming events regarding grandma (appointments, Rx pickups, rides, realtors, etc.). She won't be using it, but 6-8 of us will. Hoping for something free, easy to log onto, and accessible from various platforms like laptops and smartphones.

Anyone here using something uncomplicated you can recommend? Appreciate any good leads. Thank you.

Most Cell Phones have a Calendar App that has "reminders" and several can be shared via text, so it's a good option! Dad and I use it so I can keep track of all his meds and appointments and such, it's much easier then writing things down and then loosing your notes or trying to remember day to day what's on tap for tomorrow! We even have a direct link with Dads Medical staff, and so We both get text messages for appointments and I automatically add them to the calendar! It's been a real head ache saver for us!

Honestly, try Google calendar.

Most have an account already and it's super easy to share these appointments and events.

Most events can also be added/viewed by smartphones and anyone with dialup internet access.

If everyone already has an account somewhere - like Yahoo/Google/Apple/Microsoft (Live), then use that service.
This is the biggest challenge - same service.

You can always just use an online note pad. That is as dead simple as it gets. Text. Use an X as first thing on a line to mark done.

Since you are trying to care for someone you may want other features over time.
Cross platform, but needs an account: Evernote
I prefer OneNote from M$ for similar features.

Do you need to have "smart speaker" access. Example " Alexa, remind Joe to Pick up grandma's prescription at CVS on 185th Next Tuesday"

Do you have one person who can monitor grandma's online health record and then update the calendar?
Providence uses MyChart for example.

For my mom's care, I use Google Docs' My wife & brothers have access and that provides everything we needed. I keep the electronic medical records, tho they have account access. I chose this as all had a Google account already. Is is better thatn OneNote or Evernote? Yes only in that they had accounts. My experience with these 3 is that they are close enough to be "interchangeable"

best of luck.

Honestly, try Google calendar.

Most have an account already and it's super easy to share these appointments and events.

Most events can also be added/viewed by smartphones and anyone with dialup internet access.
I'll also add that any Android device can be told to sync this calendar along with any Apple device. Apple has stepped up their play nice with others game as of lately.

They are working well together on integration, just takes a couple extra steps on the initial setup.

Second on Dyjital's advice.

I've been using Google Calendar in our work environment ever since we had to ditch our Lotus shared calendar years ago.

It's simple, private, and works great on desktops and mobile devices.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top