JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My cousin flew to Florida last month and upon opening his carry on luggage was both surprised and horrified to find one of his pistols. He called the local cops and they gave him a lockable box so he could check the pistol in with his luggage on his way home.

Close call!

My cousin flew to Florida last month and upon opening his carry on luggage was both surprised and horrified to find one of his pistols. He called the local cops and they gave him a lockable box so he could check the pistol in with his luggage on his way home.

Close call!

Those are some cool cops.

If that had happened on his way to California, I would have advised him to keep his mouth shut and carry on smartly.

If someone can't keep track of whether or not they have a Firearm; I really don't think they should have one. Loosing track of your DL or your CPL is one thing but not knowing you have a Firearm is something totally different. I think the right word is: Irresponsible !!!:s0103:

If someone can't keep track of whether or not they have a Firearm; I really don't think they should have one. Loosing track of your DL or your CPL is one thing but not knowing you have a Firearm is something totally different. I think the right word is: Irresponsible !!!:s0103:

Well, its good that you are perfect. Unfortunately the rest of mankind is...well, human.

Well, its good that you are perfect. Unfortunately the rest of mankind is...well, human.
I never said I was perfect but I have been Carrying Concealed for 49 years this month and I have yet to "forget" I was Carrying. And, I'm very, very sure that the reason I haven't is because I was taught to be a Responsible Gun Owner. Now your level of Irresponsibility is up to you. I think you have made that level very clear! Another Proof that STUPID has No cure!

I never said I was perfect but I have been Carrying Concealed for 49 years this month and I have yet to "forget" I was Carrying. And, I'm very, very sure that the reason I haven't is because I was taught to be a Responsible Gun Owner. Now your level of Irresponsibility is up to you. I think you have made that level very clear! Another Proof that STUPID has No cure!

You have made it quite clear you are perfect, and would never do such a thing. I got news for you. There are lots of perfect folks who would never do such a thing who have in fact done such things. You think you are above making a mistake? Then you are saying you are perfect. Well, good luck with that.

It has nothing to do with being responsible, it has everything to do with being human.

Exceptionally disciplined, skilled and responsable folks make mistakes.

The blustery "I would never do that" is real easy to say. I would venture a good portion, if not all, of those folks who have ended up with a firearm at a airport checkpoint would have said exactly the same thing had you ask them.

I've made mistakes and I know it. Ignoring IronMonster isn't going to be one of them. Stupid people doing Really Stupid things is: Irresponsible
If Forgetting you have a Gun isn't Irresponsible then I don't know what is.

My mom years age made it all the way to the metal dectectors at the airport before she realized she still had her pistol in the purse. You care it so long you forget it's there.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews