JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just shot some through my Sig SP2022 40 cal. I hadn't shot that pistol in a while. It had always been a accurate shooter for me. Probably a mental thing but it kept feeling like the last shot was fired. I had to check several times. Also on a 6" target it was all on paper but grouping was pretty bad compared to normal. If I shot steel targets it might be worth it but I don't.

I know this thread is over two years old, but I wanted to see if anyone had a range report. I tried some of this in my SR1911 and the accuracy was bad. The spread was greater than 6" at 15 yards off a bench. I went back to standard FMJ and was getting around 2".

I know this thread is over two years old, but I wanted to see if anyone had a range report. I tried some of this in my SR1911 and the accuracy was bad. The spread was greater than 6" at 15 yards off a bench. I went back to standard FMJ and was getting around 2".
Thanks for posting your experience.

I've been loading/shooting nothing but "coated" bullets since this thread was active 2 years ago, and I, as well as many others, have discovered that HiTek bullets are way more accurate when sized oversize.

In fact I buy 38sp bullets for 9mm and size them with push thru Lee sizing dies, and now bullet sellers sell/stock oversize bullets because of the better accuracy.

I've taken this oversize bullet thing to the extreme by loading 0.358" sized bullets in 9mm, and some guns with tight chambers will not plunk with a 0.358" bullet and brass that's on the thick side.
So accuracy can be greatly improved by hand loading somewhat oversized bullets, along with brass culling by brand/wall thickness.
This may be something you cannot do without investing in reloading equipment, but it can be done.
:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads